Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    How does your clutch input react.
    My T500 clutch peddle is a slider input, but the in game menu reacts like it's a button on/off.
    the dead zones and bite point inputs don't seem to affect the action at all.
    A/C,D/R,PC also have the gear grind drops to neutral effect, it make a big difference even if the damage feature doesn't work.

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I mostly use my 360 nowadays due to lack of time and strength to assemble my wheel set up..
    Have the clutch addressed to my left bumper, so it's on/off. :)
    Not ideal, but it works.
    Strange that you don't get a progressive clutch with your pedal though.

I have had some contact with @Christian Göpfert.
    And after some more testing it seems like both the locking of the rear wheels and engine damage as well as transmission damage are still in game for the old classes when downshifting too fast or ignoring the clutch.
    However it seems to be bugged and very inconsistent.. .
    Hopefully this get looked at and fixed in the near future. (Hint, hint @J-F Chardon) ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    About the digital displays in the modern cars, @Sonat Ozturk are there any plans to expand this area with some more variety?

Some examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TT-cup
    [​IMG]

DTM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GT3
    [​IMG]

I think this would add a lot to the interiors of the cars! :)
    And which is one part where R3E is behind the competitors.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if that was mentioned, but one feature that would add a lot to immersion is some basic radio chat with team. I really miss that in R3E, race feels great but lonely/isolated. I do realize this is not going to be on top of the list though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
  7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I had a feeling this had been up before.:)
    This must be one of the longest "soon" ever! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    The more I've raced with rF2 recently, the more I'd like to see dynamic road. It is in fact something that should be built in to all "current gen" sims. I understand that that feature is not the main requirement for RR booths, but would definitely add a ton of realism and immersion to the sim. I just wish that S3S boys get that done somewhere in the near future, if not soon™.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    At least for GT3 cars, S3S could contact for example Apex modding guys, which are doing terrific GT3 mod for rF2, and license some LCD displays from them, if they don't want to do LCDs themselves :D

They are imo quite good looking and different for each car.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    It turns out that my controller profile was somehow corrupt.
    I created a new one with all the same inputs and it all works well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0

If HUDS were moddable, I would want a true see through Heads Up Display like fighter jets have - inside the car's windshield. The relevant info from that car's display.

The so called correct FOVs are so close to the windshield, you can't even see the interior of the car. Jus sayin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. its_surridge_90

its_surridge_90 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but for offline play it would be nice to have some talent files linked to the drivers, at least for the fully licensed stuff like DTM/WTCC/GTM/TT Cup etc. Noticed this morning while driving a few laps in the WTCC 13 cars that drivers like Boardman (SEAT) and Barth (BMW) were consistently lapping quicker than drivers like Muller whereas in real life it was pretty much a case of Muller is the fastest, please battle over 2nd...

Which brings me on to my second point which I know has been asked for before but I'll just add my vote for aswell which is removing, or at least having the option to remove BoP at least in offline mode. I'm not a fan of the whole everyone's a winner idea, Its pretty obvious the Citroen is the best car in WTCC both in 2014 and 15, so its quite annoying when you see the best placed Citroen 7th on the grid with a load of Chevrolet's and Lada's out qualifying them when your trying to "simulate" a real championship.

14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    AfaIk there are talent files for all the AI drivers which differ slightly so we have certain drivers who are a little slower and/or more prone to make errors. But I don't know if those have been set randomly or with respect to the real drivers performance. But I assume it's been set randomly.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm....in my experience of offline WTCC races the Citroëns and Hondas generally form the front of the grid with the Chevrolets and Ladas to the back, as I would expect. The grid order is certainly more fluid than in real life but there is at least some replication of the relative pace of the four manufacturers.

Same goes for the WTCC 13 pack where, in real life, the Chevys and Hondas were the front runners.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  16. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    In DTM, GT Masters and WTCC they have been set with respect to the real drivers performance. As @James Cook said the order is more fluid but that's it.

17. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Are the bought content also connected to my steam account? I am aware if Raceroom ever ever go bankrupt and the servers are no more all the content and my money is gone, right? So maybe it's a good feature to also connect all the stuff as DLC on your steam account? So in theory we can still play singleplayer with all the stuff.

18. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    With Apex Hunt gone, are there any features going to be added to help NEW drivers?

I don't know how much Apex Hunt was being used. I used it as a new sim driver. I see some other people miss it.

How about these suggestions: Call it....Raceroom Racing Experience Driving School and have it available in the video replay section. Or sell it as an inexpensive individual pack?

They can be just a couple minute (quick) re-play videos with typed or voice narration.
    Basic Braking Technique
    Throttle application
    Cornering
    Steering
    Putting it all together
    Passing/Being Passed
    Learning a new course (using modified Apex Hunt below)
    Where to find tools to help you learn (use leaderboards to also increase leaderboard participation).
    Use/expectations of Single/Multi-player modes (explain AI use too)

People can view the re-plays that they want to watch. Like a youtube video. Or a Driving tutorial on Raceroom's youtube channel. Georg Ortner would be great for that. Create "Alien's Corner" where the Aliens give the narration for the tutorial.

Raceroom Racing Experience Driving School Apex Hunt mode...........
    First 5 laps (or whatever is optimal), all conservative braking markers visible as well as visible driving line.
    Lap 6, turn 1 braking marker disappears.
    Lap 8, turn 2 braking marker disappears.
    So on so forth until all braking markers are gone.
    The driving line also fades gradually, until gone as well.

You can have the markers disappear by sectors. Depends on the number of turns per sector or lap.

Conceivably, by the end of 1 practice session, a new driver could learn the course and be at a comfortable pace.
    From there, they have the basic course knowledge to experiment on their own to increase pace....as well as a methodology to use.

It's quick and easy for the new driver. You don't have people quitting after 3 or 4 laps because they are crashing all over the place. I would use something like this (maybe a get real version) to learn new tracks.

Just trying to help build Raceroom following.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. its_surridge_90

its_surridge_90 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    In my experience it all just seemed a bit random, completed another couple of races last night, one had the fast guys up front as you would expect, but the other had them struggling around mid pack all race, with no real attempts to move forward... Would it have anything to do with the track your using at the time? for example a WTCC 13 race on Monza would throw up more realistic results than a race around Raceroom Raceway where there are no real life results to compare driver speed to?

20. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    First of all sorry if this suggestion is already here, I haven't read all previous posts here.
    I would like to see pedals indicator in RaceRoom. Like in F1 HUD or few other racing sims, to see how much of throttle/brake/clutch is pressed.
    pedals.jpg 11v7kzt.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1