Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Suggestion.
    DQ for driving the wrong way thru the pits or on track during practice, qually or race!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    ^^ that is what happens in Iracing. And yes it is super annoying you cant chat while looking at the menus, or at minimum once you exit the menu there should be a chat log to see if you missed anything.

3. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Many things to add:
    -formation lap.
    -Safety car.
    -fingers moving on wheel shifters.
    -sand/grass on wheels.
    -pit crew.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Definitely 1-3 and 5 please!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Ability to bind look back left and right to whatever you have as look back + left or right, used to be able to do it in player config in previous games, as its encrypted in this would be a nice option to have in the menus.
    Also could the filter private servers toggle switch please stay selected so as not to have to hit it everytime you go into mp menu?

Also for continuity have all the car adjustments in the menus on the same page?

6. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but....

What about the ability to rejoin a race if I hit escape by accident and end up going to the menu screen?
    Maybe hitting escape or pause during a multi-player race sends you to the pits instead of exiting the race altogether?...with a time penalty. Just seems more reasonable than having to pull over off track, if someone comes to the door or you have to go afk for a bit. As silly as it seems, it is a sim, and real life does take precedence sometimes... ;)

I've hit the escape button more than once with gloves on and caused me to exit the race by accident.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    that could be solved as simply as having you to hold ESC for 3 seconds to get to menu

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Just some minor stuff as I am aware of your numbers and budget, soon enough I will play my part and buy the rest of the whole shibami regardless that it get's really expensive where I live...
    1. Full player control for out + full formation lap and lap after finish.
    2. Every sequential race car has a clutch pedal or paddle that is used from stand stil and full stop.
    3. Full control when in pit lane.
    4. Working overlays in replays for position and lap, since the sound in tv mode is the best it's a pleasure to watch replays.
    5. Ability to tilt cockpit cam up and down while in cockpit. (Probably my most important)
    Great job guys keep up the good work and never give up. ✌

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  9. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Afaik this will come this year

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I would like driver changes to make real endurance races possible. A 24h Race at the Nürburgring with the amazing GT3 field and the TT VLN and also maybe the WTCC 2013 cars as substitution for the TCR class in R3E would be really amazing and it would be a huge event.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    yes please, I don't understand why basics things are missing until today. A delta bar (in relation to my fastest lap) would be nice as well.

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    This has been discussed, but to put it in the simplest, easily implemented terms.....

User assignable controller profiles (which already exist) for hshift and sequential transmission cars. The game decides which cars belong in each class, and whenever you drive a car, it uses the profile you assigned automatically, thus preventing the player from having to change profiles every time they select a car!

Seriously, low hanging fruit!

Edit: I should note, we don't necessarily need a profile for every car, just where you select your controller profile, there is a slot for hshift cars and sequential cars...that it!

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  13. BattleOvce

BattleOvce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have only one thing to suggest, :eek: BTCC 1997, 1998 :eek:o_O
    I am not talking about the most obvious features which every sim should have (as we are used to in rFactor, you know beiing free) ... but I hope it will be completed soon :)

EDIT: Whoops I didnt see that ( ) thing there that its about features and mechanics, sorry then :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    The ability to increase/decrease brake whine sound in game. In games like GTR2 I raised the volume of the wav-file and this helped a lot with thee feeling of the brakes and the sense of speed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    You can adjust that one by increasing the effects volume in the sound options. But I guess you are talking about a separate adjusment slider just for the brake sound.

16. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,
    Since longtime i have a dream....i dream from a AIW editor and if i could code it would be there allready but i cant so i can only suggest.
    This AIW editor would be very simple to use, you just go ingame and hotlap till you have your best lap for a choosen track and car, then you go out and open the editor and feed him with your hotlap, the editor creates the AIW line, then when on track the AI will not brake suddenly in certain zone or go too slowly or too fast at some point, that means you can follow them and pass them if you get the chance because till now all i did was to point out certain zone where the AI is weak and take advantage but the prob is that its allways the same spots where the AI is too slow or to fast, or it has a bad line. BTW "Nascar Racing" from Papyrus had this feature nearly 15 years ago.
    Having a line based on your driving would make the AI more humanlike and add to immersion imo.
    Lets hope Sector3 hear from this dream...

Regards,
    Silvano

17. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Lots of games had this along with Ai that was competant and believable as well as editable in may different ways, would be nice to have access to unencrypted ai files to try and create our own with varying abilities and skills.

18. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I agree totaly, who knows maybe Mister B will be watching this and be motivated to try that challenge ;)

19. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    I'm quite sure this was already suggested at least a dozen times, but to be honest I'm not in the mood right now to read all posts. Forgive me. :)

But I truly cant get why we dont have a delta-time shown, at least while you are racing leaderboards! You never know exactly where you are able to gain time or where you are losing time. OK, you have your sector-times. They are at least helpful at short tracks, but the longer the track gets the less helpful they are.

So plz, plz, plz, we need a delta. :)

20. Ando Balins

Ando Balins New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Has there been a discussion about competitions and their aperances?
    Now we have 6 new competitions every 7 weaks at a time, but can't we have 1 new competition every weak for the same lenght of time? 1 extra weak could bee a cooldown weak.