Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Dynamic Racing Surface, this is a big piece of the puzzle that is missing in this Sim seeing as most of the others now have it. As much as I enjoy lots of aspects of RRE I miss the dynamic growth of a race track during a race weekend, it makes racing Sims closer to reality for me.

So, I hope it's at least on the list of things to do :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Suggestion from @Skybird in the Imola topic:

""""I recommend to focus them on VR instead of triple screens. For practical and financial reasons""""

:rolleyes::confused:

Edit: seeing a like and a disagree, I should add that I dislike this ridiculous suggestion. Just wanted to inform people in the right topic.
    I believe @BattleOvce wants to disagree with the suggestion, not my post ?
    Anyway, as it seems devs are working on the proper implementation now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  3. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if it was ever mentionned, but it would be great to have the possibility to change "race duration", in the settings, so we can set "sprint" or "endurance" for championship season, against AI...
    :);)

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I've said it lately (but it was on discord I think): J-F mentioned last year that they might look into triple support after VR is done.
    As you can see in the patch notes the work on VR has been ongoing for some months now, and it probably still needs refinement. All that graphics stuff really needs time and lots of grease to get it working properly.

There's no final decision as far as I'm aware but I would imagine that once VR is in a satisfactory state they could use that as a base for triple support (cause they have to support more than one render target for VR, so just add 1 more target and you're good to go. ;) Not really that easy I guess, but they should be able to build on that).

I said it back last year and I'll say it again, I think eventually they will add triple support.
    But until the decision to do it has been made I don't think the devs will address this topic.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You can set up different time duration / laps for race 1 and 2 if you want a shorter sprint race followed by a longer race for example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I know that, but, that's not the point.
    I want something that allows, during the same championship, to have, like, 1st race (say, Imola, 2 races), to be both 30mn race, the second one (say, Monza), to be a 2 hour race, the 3rd (say, Hungaroring, 2 races, again), to be both 30mn, and so on...
    In fact, like in Blancpain Séries, with qualifyng race and main race for "Sprint" series, and a longer one for "Endurance"...
    Hope it's clearer like that...:);)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    A few years ago I opted an idea for Project Cars, it was still in development ;
    The idea was like to have something like a paddock club or media-centre, where you can meet drivers like a 'second life' lobby. (does that still excists?), watch random races from the paddock building or tv screens and compare times and sectors of each driver/class/combination. And maybe cool too, to have other options like having schedules for the track you're logged in, per day of the week. Like so many drivers have only some time on a wednesday or saturday, they can quickly check the boards for interesting races and/or series coming up on their favourite racing day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    when the gt3 gear ratio will be unlocked? now is a surreal thing there are cars much better than others in some tracks caused by a badly adapted gearratio

• Like Like x 1
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The gear-ratio is locked for GTR3-Cars due to real life rules. In Addition, the Gear-Ratios are part of the BoP IRL. If you have the feeling that something is wrong with a specific car, maybe open Topic here that we can discuss on it and the devs can have a look at if needed...

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I've been playing some Race 07 and I noticed a small detail that I think would work great for R3E.

Note the black border on the mirror....

[​IMG]

With my amazing Photo PaintShop skills I've mocked up a few R3E examples. I think it looks much nicer than the current bright white border, particularly in low light conditions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it helps make the virtual mirror look a little less 'virtual'.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  11. EfeCan

EfeCan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    anyone write for damage. Also cars look like tank. I need mor mechanic damage. Visual damage not important. Please improve mechanic damage.

Thanks

12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree, but with the option to repair it at a pitstop

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I really like this idea, but we could start by actually being able to chat more than 10 seconds after the winner takes the checkered!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My wishlist......
    We currently have approx. 3 track grip conditions for each session ingame......id like to be able to select which grip level I want for the session.
    Ex. Green, med, fast with a slight grip increases 1-3% when it moves to the next session.
    Digital LED flag boards added to the tracks...immersion
    Digital LED number boards added to the back side windows for series that use them (DTM, INDY, GT3, P1 etc.) the numbers represent your track position to help spectators/replay
    Bring back the windscreen gfx. we had in Race 07 bug/oil splats and marbles whapping off the window
    Separate class scoring for multiclass races online/single player mode
    Adjustable head movement slider
    Adjustable track violation slider before being issued a drive-through penalty ex. 1-3
    Triple screen support and the ability to replace/move/eliminate overlays

Cheers

15. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    One of the reasons I tend to avoid the garage is that the setup screen is a bit opaque.

[​IMG]

I see a lot of possible adjustments but just looking at it I cannot tell whether I'm driving a softly sprung car, a car prone to under-steer....whatever.

The problem is when I see the springs are set to 120N/mm I have no idea whether on this particular car this means softly sprung or firm. It's only by clicking through and hitting the limits do I discover where I am; It's like being a mechanic tinkering in the dark.

My suggestion is an optional 'easy mode' for the setup screen.

So instead of a set of mysterious values like this....

[​IMG]

....how about sliders instead? (they need not be draggable - the click arrows would still work great).

[​IMG]

With a slider you can instantly see how the car is set up. At a glance you can see whether the car is close to its ride height limit, whether the suspension is very stiff, or whether there's any more wing adjustment available. All becomes clear! I'll bet more people will be tempted to experiment in the garage if they can understand what they are looking at in the garage - myself included.

Like I said this would be optional, I wouldn't want to impose it on those who prefer the more traditional units of measurement.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Two things I would like. Like already said better (realistic) damage. With the FR X-17, you crash into the back of the AI, no damage. Front wing still okay (you can break it but you need to be a lot more aggressive) and punctures, in formula cars they have easily punctures. Here, you need to have worn tyres to have a puncture.

In the garage, it would also be nice to be able to use the arrow keys to adjust the values, a bit like in the settings. Now, it's very difficult to adapt the value with small changes (ex. you want 53% instead of 52%) (agree, the touchpad that I use isn't that great).

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    the nissan 2000rs brake lights flicker, seems to be a polygon overlay problem

18. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
  19. dante3003

dante3003 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'd also like to set a certain amount of laps for different tracks in a championship.
    If you want to do 100km races you'd obviously need different amounts of laps on each track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    As suggested I brought my ideas in this topic:

- make the menu available in MP by pressing the pause button for 1 second, not only ESC
    - virtual radar
    - autoadjusting the fuel load for races
    - steering settings directly in the car setup menu (bottom left maybe?)
    - with more incoming content, I think the tracks, classes and cars icons should be smaller (more per page)