Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Tulpeborn

Tulpeborn Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    But I would finally know for sure that the Heinemanns, Stanges, Dorniedens... actually are real aliens from outer space and not real people and that their driving has nothing to do with a better setups. :D:)

Serious: I know that I will never be as fast as the fast guys here (not even remotely) but I would be really intrested to see what those guys are doing to their cars setupwise and I would like to try out those to see how those feel. And maybe it would help me to learn to create faster setups myself. Maybe...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    some of them publishing their setups - try looking at the Video thread https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/post-your-r3e-videos.39/
    Yakubu and m41k_r publishing there on a regular basis and they are quite aliens. There are also other aliens publishing there.
    u can search in youtube for "raceroom setup" also.

but be assure that their setups are impossible to drive... you need to adjust to a completely different driving style...for me it is, anyway.
    hint, very very light rear-end ;)

3. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    There's so many things that can improve, but some of the things that I think should be on the list of things to improve:
    - In replay, there is no information whatsoever on lap number, position number, winning car, fastest lap, your fastest lap, etc. Don't need all of that info, but some would be nice. At least the current position would be.
    - In online racing - and this seems a trend - positions of anybody participating are not counted, the second you log off. Example: you run a race with 10 people, you end up being 8th or whatever low position, but by the time you reach the finish, most people (the ones ending before you) have logged off, and it seems you suddenly have 2nd position ! Or, even won the race ! I don't understand this logic of "anybody that isn't connected, may not be counted in race standings". I simply don't understand. Being logged off or not, has nothing to do with the laps done, the times done, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Actually, it should be automatically kept for every track/car/race-type combo.
    When you run a race, your fastest lap time (of that race) isn't even displayed by default.
    There's so many things that could be done, like for example having the option of YOUR ghost car in a race, with your fastest time on that track (in race condition). Why ? Because it can be done. Don't say the CPU will suffer, because there are already 60+ cars displayed.

5. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    There's very few real racing that I know that does that, so why would ... ? It's against the idea of racing. Do you want to go fast ? Well, figure it out. It's extremely frustrating for all slower drivers - like me - but that is racing.

It could be nice however, that you can see which car is driving with default setup, which not. Without going in any detail, obviously. That way, it's much less frustrating since non-setup racers (which are the majority of people racing), know who they can and should beat. In the UK, some drivers get a marking on the car, like a student driver. I'm thinking in that line. Really, as an occasional racer, it becomes very obvious there is no way you will ever win a race. So, instead of that, maybe you could be fastest of a class. But, problem is that the people programming this game, are all setup racers, and basically these guys don't care about other drivers.

6. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Probably been stated before but the replays in VR are very difficult to enjoy because of the movement of the camera. If the camera could be still in VR and just let you look around I would enjoy the replays alot more. And it would be cool if camera angles that better represent the crowd's point of view could be implemented. Would make you feel like watching a real race in VR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    A PCars 2 feature.

8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Not very necessary but it would be a nice gimmick: Intern game benchmark selectable in the game menu

Something like that:

For example some great animation tests of GT3 action on the Nordschleife :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  9. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I think we need a new "free track" and let raceroom raceway go to rest. How many years have this track been in the spotlight for online racing? I'm so sick of it, actually I never really liked it but 75% of all online racing is on there. Portimao is still a blast though. I understand free content isn't really a priority but perhaps it could bring in some new life in the "free to play" title this is advertised as. Don't get me wrong, I buy every single car/track that comes out but I would love to have some more fun online experiences. I do occasionally join league races from racedepartment which is fun but not always practical or convenient.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    There is one thing what's really disgusting: Fictional tracks! :mad: Banish them all! :triumph: Put it away, now!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say o_O

12. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I hate fictional tracks. There is no place for tracks like these in a real racing sim (SIM = simulation of the real life) it's not arcade game. That's all. I am on your side. :)

PS: Never driven a race on the "Raceroom Raceway" since my R3E entry membership.

• Like Like x 2
  13. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Probably he meant fictional tracks. And I have to disagree to that, there are some good fictional tracks out there. If they’re well made why not have and race them?

Regarding the alien-setup sharing: an alien setup won’t help you if you’re not good enough, perhaps it will even make it worse since some aliens tend to use really tricky setups which only they can handle. Try being consistent and improve with a baseline setup and then try to change some things towards your likings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    oops ... :tearsofjoy:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +1
    Sure I rather have real race tracks, but I don't mind them if they are good / fun to drive.
    And Raceroom Raceway is really nice imo!
    One other great example of an awesome fictional track is Blackwood in Live for speed.

16. Joseph Mitchell

Joseph Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't mind a manual rolling start in Multiplayer it'd be quite good for league racin not so sure about public though

• Like Like x 1
  17. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    and the last part explain your "error".

several fictional track are miles better than real tracks.

have you ever drive sochi? :confused:

18. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I really like to have some statistics after testing or racing.
    Come on, it's not that tricky to implement :)