Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    They are a missile incoming alert more than other and honestly I remember founding them a bit too distracting (looking at moving arrows on your fov is not ideal to me)... I'd rather prefer having a spotter voice over. But overall I'm happy with my awareness level, or spider-sense :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure if I would want the arrows, but saying that if it would help others not hit me, I am all for it....obviously make it an option.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    as someone who plays with a laptop the fov i run makes it very difficult to have full knowledge of my surroundings i would like the arrows (as an option) although i found the racing to be quite clean and i don't think i have cut anyone off.

4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Yes please implement a spider sense :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I agree in principle but I imagine it's much easier to be aware of more around you with a triple screen setup? lol.

An option for proximity arrows would probably be the best solution for everyone, if you want them on, turn them on, if you don't, turn them off. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    The more option the better

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the more sliders the better! sliders everywere

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Give life a chance after the race! Why, when the race is over, whole pulse is dying with no trace? Is the real driver after crossing finish line is teleported to his home with a cup of coffe in his hands and the slippers on his feet? End of the race - the most unreal moment in the so realistic simulator... :(

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sixx

Sixx Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    The main thing I would like to see is custom difficulty settings. I like to race with ABS and TC but would also like to enable damage, tire wear, etc. I really need something between the Amateur and Get Real settings.
    The ability to re-name and save your custom championship once you have it set up.
    Mandatory pit stop selection for custom championship.
    Set race length by lap number or time.
    Full flag system.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Likewise for me. I am playing on a 15 inch laptop screen where optional position indication arrows would be very helpful for me. I really like the game's minimalistic UI so I would love to see similar design principles for the position indication arrows

11. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    As long as we currently don't have a carsetup load/save/share feature, most of us use screenshots of the car setup screen to backup own setups or for sharing.
    So is it possible (perhaps as an easy-to-make temporary feature;)) to add the car and track name to the carsetup screen?

Here's a quick mockup with car/track combo at the bottom of the screen:
    [​IMG]
    This would make it easier to keep track of your screenshot collection of carsetups. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. baronesbc

baronesbc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, good suggestions here, I would like to add something:
    - It would be nice that after the race, you can see race statistics, lap times, the gaps of each pilot etc. Online and offline.
    Yesterday I started a championship offline, done the first race, immediately appeared the mesage "go to the next."
    I have no idea of the times that I've done (i don't use hud in race), and also in the replay it's impossible to view them. you lose so much immersion in this way.
    - AI doesn't know the blue flag. Not a thing so necessary, but in case of long races, it can ruin it, because the AI has difficulty to overcome each other.

Other things, certainly not essential, but I'd like to see cause i like do videos with realistic onboard view:
    - A complete animation of the steering wheel. At the moment it locks at 90 ° for side, is horrendous to see.
    - The possibility to move the camera as you want in the visual onboard (for replay only). Now you can do this only editing the cam file of the car, which requires more work than do the video.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  13. taxfree

taxfree Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    More aggressive dog box transmission sound
    Perhaps I need a helmet for my ear health or my neighbour might call the police.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    @Ernie I think you have to update your client with the latest build they've released man, that's the prev client.
    Mine's this one
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    @::SKRO:: You have the "Bernie Ecclestone Edition" of R3E, i guess. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thug-Life

Thug-Life Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

The ability to adjust the head movement, as does the Game Stock Car Extreme simulating forces G. With 3 simple parameters (Head movement, Look ahead & Exaggerate yaw) you can decide whether or not use them.

I think it would be fantastic to add this for those who use only one screen. The immersion is multiplied. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. taxfree

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    This feature might be very useful for all to avoid Aline Senna. :D

18. taxfree

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    The video looks very dynamic and speedy. even feels some scary beyond fun! - I like it.
    I hope that Sector3 apply their new road feel technology to the head physics (6 DOF) as well as FFB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I hope they make some small changes to the AI. Im racing a championship in DTM 2014, and in every practice and qualifying the AI set there best lap time almost everytime on there 1st lap. Because the rest of the session they just drive in a train, with a slower car in front. So hope they will adjust them little bit so they acctually tryes to get some clean laps out of traffic...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

I would like to see more multiclass races.
    For example DTM 92 + TC = very nice and fun combo.

And make TC for free.

That bimmer for huge discount for a long time.

What you think?