Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    thanks
    (had to open random replay and refresh my memory)
    To go full static, pick any cam mode (but track cam is prefered) and then press free cam button. In cases where you use car cam, you have 3 effects of pressing free cam button- 1x standard camera that you can move, 2x standard camera that moves with a car the same as with 1x but camera doesnt rotate with a car, 3x camera completely static. Con of using car cam as a way to record static shot is that assigned car doesnt have rendered driver or atleast part of it. Also keep in mind that when you use 1x or 2x you can move camera only few meters away from the car
    I like replay system in raceroom because every option or key is listed in key assigning menu and once you get used to it, its quite simple. Sector 3, pls add atleast one more slow mo speed :p

2. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. It was indeed an issue with the controller, keyboard mapping (e.g. WASD) works fine. Do you use a mouse to control camera rotation (look up/down/left/right)? If so, is it possible to reduce the sensitivity? It's way too fast in free mode (when invoking it from the trackside camera). We can set camera tracking speed to fast or slow, but it doesn't seem to impact rotation with the mouse.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    only keyboard, mouse movement unfortunately looks rly bad :< no idea about sensitivity; team fortress replay system has great built in mouse movement smoothing/filtering, also few effects you can add like shaking etc, truly magnificent and easy to use (even rendering was built in)
    3:14

for some complex movements you can try to use some car as your camera "rails" and leave it like that or even enhance it with additional movements- for example in falkenborne 2 1:42 camera is stuck to third car but i also rotate it to the right- the trick is to hide this movement (car is turning right so its hard to notice additional camera turning also right)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  4. bhendrik

bhendrik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After many years of only racing Rfactor 2, i've tried RR and i must say, i'm impressed most of the time but i find a couple of things not as impressive.

I would like to see the possibility of ai takeover in single player to do some endurance racing. Needless to say we need some day and night transition too. I

I've mainly driven the gt3 cars so far, and doing a championship single player. I would like to see an more balanced (BOP) distribution of strenght in the different ai manufacturers. Audi and Mercedes are the fastest cars followed by BMW and mc Laren. Porsche are lacking behihind, just like the Corvettes. The slowest cars are Bentley and the Nissan. I know every driver has an unique talent file (wich are bonkers sometimes, Rast ans Sims very slow for example), but since were are not able to change that ourselves, it would be helpfull to have an option to BOP the manufacturers against each other. For example: overall ai strenth 100
    Audi 98
    Merc 99
    BMW 100
    Mc Laren 101
    Porsche 102
    Corvette 102
    Bentley 103
    Nissan 104
    If we had an option to do that per circuit it would be marvelous.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You can't BOP the GT3 cars as they are already BOP'd by the regulations. They have strengths and weaknesses at different tracks, that's the beauty of GT racing... Within reason all cars are competitive, that's the point.

6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Funnily enough those seem to be fastest cars at least according to GT Masters Esports Championship

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thats what i wanted to point out as well :D
    Guess the difference between default and adjusted setup and human vs ai completely shifts the balance between the cars

8. bhendrik

bhendrik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know that they are balacrd by regulations and rhey are balanced when i drive them myself. That’s not my point. My point is that when you run a season with 35 ai oponents, bop for the ai cars is off. The fastest Pirsche drivers are never in the top 10. Let alone the Bentley or the Nissan. Not ever, on any circuit ehen you put them in a season with the fastest Audi, mc Laren and Merc drivers. That is not realistic. In a season with the fastest ai drivers per manufacturer a Manthey Pirsche with Fred Macko or Patrick Long at the wheel should have a change of finishing in the top 10 with approx 5 cars per manufacturer. The Pirsche, the Bentley and the Nissan do not end up in the top 10 at any race. Drove on 10 different circuits eith ai strenght on 100, and on very different tracks including Minza, Spa, RB Ring, Laguna Seca, Imola. For the Porsche, Bentley and Nissan drivers to stand a change, you have to set ip a race with their fastes drivers and put thrm against the slowest Audi, Merc and Mc Laren

9. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I see that as well, but at my single player Champions the mclearens were slow. Just Nissan and Bentleys slower. Top notch were Audi and Porsche. The only fast mercs are Götz and Vietoris. So it depends in the manufacturer and in the drivers talents. But some manufacturers are faster if Talent file would be exactly the same (only my opinion based in my experience) and Talent files do not always cover the reality. But I think with few exceptions they do it quite good. At gt3 I know almost any driver. I watch nearly each gt3 series.
    But what is also true: Audi and merc won almost every important gt3 endurance races in the past.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  10. robertallinson

robertallinson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    *FOV settings for virtual mirror*

For those of us who race on single screens and rely on virtual mirror would it be possible to adjust the FOV of the virtual mirror? As standard it is very wide so even when a car is on your back bumper it looks a long way away. Even low, mid, high setting would be great.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. N. van Norden

N. van Norden New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What I would like to see improved is the multiplayer lobby. To be more informative and accessible and user friendly so multiplayer racing becomes a more attractive and fun experience.

Maybe an option to see what players and cars are already driving.

Maybe a chat history, also no chat in middle of the screen but down low where the dash is.

Just some of my thoughts ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    While looking at the leaderboards id like to be able to choose "all" as track/car

14. leillo1975

leillo1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Include Linux support, or at least make it easier for the game to work with Steam Play - Proton.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Isn't Linux a business platform?

16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    What's the point? How many people seriously game on Linux? I like Linux for everyday tasks and I'm certainly no windows fan but it works for the masses so why change for the few? Running Linux and proton is just throwing away performance from any system

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Use Lists in Portal/Advanced Statistics instead of displaying just one information for best laptimes. Like in Excel you can do with filters, or even better an Excel Pivot where you have fields to choose your criteria.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I would like to have the shifting option within the car setup screen and saved together with the steering and FF settings:
    Many of us drive the cars with the associated shifting method, it would be a real step forward to save this option for each car. Just did a quick and dirty edit of a screenshot to make clear what i mean.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  19. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    In the topic of Linux, it would be nice to have server software for it. :)

20. omiK

omiK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    +1 to this.

Linux dedicated server software makes everything easier (cheaper, no need to pay a windows license). So game server hosting providers could jump in and offer R3E on their game lists. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1