If youve seen me out on track lately....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElNino, Feb 5, 2017.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Been making some mistakes lately, e.g. not realizing race scheduled, getting up to take care of some business, and then realized I was sitting there parked at start of second race, surely wreaking havoc on start of race (spa DTM16)

Also getting caught up in 1st lap chaos, happens to us all but been in a lot lately.

So, apologies to all those that have been made to scream "Dammit!" with my name in view on the screen. I do try to keep it clean and respect the race, despite my recent mistakes!

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    With the ever increasing user base 1st corner mayhem in mp is par for the course, at near epidemic levels lately, managed 2 clean races out of 30+ starts over the weekend! :eek: must admit quite looking forward to the arrival of some sort of deterrent in this respect but if it's gonna be classed as a 50/50 as most seem to think then it may take a while to calm down.
    I've just upgraded my pedals, moving to load cell, so I may, just may have got my braking a tad wrong once or twice :rolleyes: once the league's sort themselves out and with the introduction of a full ranking system imminent I shall persevere with open mp servers as although I am members of several private leagues (but far to untogether to be organised enough to participate regularly) life has a way of not fitting in with Sim racing! :(
    What I have noticed is the competition is improving beyond belief, had some real sweat fests lately, with the drivers nearer the front being very firm but fair (nearly all, you know who you are and only you have to wake up with and look at that mug in the mirror every morning!) Sure it's a bit of a lottery still but there's no better wheel to wheel action to be had!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yeah goose I agree, I'll take the chaos any day over empty servers, and usually most guys in the paid content races are cool, stuff just happens.

At red bull DTM16 (first race) the first corner was nuts as usual, so like I normally do I took it easy, stayed a bit wide, and avoided all of the crazyness, so I'm accelerating away with a sigh of relief, one tire on the left curb, and swoosh!!! Car looses full traction and spins to the right into the straight. That's on me, but going straight by then and one wheel on firm pavement, usually you can get away with full on acceleration....not that time.

Then for me, once I screw up like that, it takes me half a lap or so to get my head fully back in....

My biggest issues right now are consistency (prolonged attention) and passing slightly slower drivers. Gotta learn to pass better. It takes awhile to know the difference between a fair pass or just being a D***.

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Frustrates the crap out of me, im all for more is better online racing, but sometimes, wtf, if your gonna race or attempt to race online at least put some effort into trying, using your mirrors, learn the track, make an effort to avoid the car infront under braking, if your slow let an obviously faster car thru, dont deliberately block you look ridiculous, then whinge like fk when you get hit by a faster car under braking.
    Not aimed at anyone in particular just Monday evening whinge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    ^^^ i had a guy (rhymes with Sitchell) at Spa in qualifying, probably a full 5 seconds slower than me (and i'm not that fast), blocking like crazy right before the chicane - in qualifying! So i was forced to get aggressive, and it came down to a brake-off before the chicane. Par for the course, he went flying off the track trying to out-brake. And i've certainly flown off the track myself trying to out brake someone, but never because I decided to block faster drivers in qualifying....ugh.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    My personal issue is swapping between r/l hand drive, spend all day in DTM then hop in the Nissan or Bentley at Bathurst say and spending first few laps with two wheels on da grass man!
    As for mp etiquette I fancy it's no different than everyday driving in Blighty, at least 50% of drivers don't even realize their car has mirrors, another 25% think the mirror is for touching up their makeup, leaving the rest of us having to anticipate or react accordingly.
    If I manage to finish a 20 min race at the Nords unscathed then it's a good day (and a bloody rare one) but I do see it improving my overall control, decision making, patience, sanity................................ at the end of the day if you can get through 20 mins at the Nords with a full grid then life, life's a breeze! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1