Impact of Vehicles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wadi, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Don Arturito I will take your advice very seriously, coming from someone who qualified me 20 times dislikes I appreciate them very much.

I do not have the holy truth, I'm close enough but mine is more humble.

Some contributions about the subject in question (impacts on the vehicles) will be welcome since you did not say anything about it.

You are also invited to see my videos about the topic (impacts on vehicles) you will surely learn

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    there was no need for me to say anything about it, since I had read how you reacted to other people advising you about your driving.
    I tried to advise you on your behavior among people on the 2 forums you are pissing off. What you make of it is your own choice. Don´t bother answering to my post, I am done with you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. dave4880

dave4880 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is possible I had a race that I was in 3rd going into the last corner at Road of America and I finished in 1st by 4/1000 of sec. I do wish tho that if you do make contact with the car in front of you that it would not send you out of control. Think about it have you ever rear end some in real life did it send you out of control? I have one time and I did not go out of control. I will post the last lap of the race on here when I get a change.

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That sort of thing has been in the game as far back as I can remember. Sadly, it seems like something wonky goes on in the physics engine when that sort of interaction between cars takes place. It doesnt always happen though, and there are things you can do to try to reduce the likelihood of it happening, like trying to brake a bit earlier to avoid the situation altogether.

At this point however, I wouldnt really expect it to be completely fixed, since this is going on 4+ yrs of that happening :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I just had a great race around Shanghai in the 92 DTM , i chose the Merc using my H pattern and clutch !
    Brilliant .
    10 Min practice , 10 min qualy (7th) and a 15 lap race with Ai at 106% and battled with 6th and 8th the whole race and finished 6th with the front 5 cars only 10-15 metres in front , but i just couldn't catch them .
    What a brilliant race !

This happens more often than not but if i dont judge their braking i DO get completely spun if i run into the from behind . Its a weird behaviour indeed !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I know what you mean. I have the same behaviour seen on the Zandvoort track. When I hit a AI from behind after hitting the brakes to late I sometimes spin out like a rocket on the run. Or same for the AI hitting me. Sometimes it is only a minor contact but feels like a major impact.
    Other than this, I have a lot of fun with R3E..
    I love the DTM

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes AI cars are moving walls, they never lose control in every contact but they make you spin every time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    nobledms the best explanation was given by a beta tester "I wouldnt really expect it to be completely fixed, since this is going on 4+ yrs of that happening"

I'm sure Sector 3 will fix these problems, sure.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  9. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I think that they have to change the game's physics to fix collisions. That's why they don't bother, it's a huge work. However, i think that something could be done for AI aggression.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I really like the Ai its just the way collisions effect me when I hit them ! I get spun 180 just from running in their rear !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    How many AIs do you typically drive against, and have you tried lowering their number? If you will, give it a shot and try driving against less than 10 AI, would be interesting to see if that changes anything regarding collision outcomes on your end.

12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I use 31 Ai at 106% .
    What will using less Ai do for collisions?

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not sure, but those collisions have to be calculated, so my theory is that the more cpu load there is, it might have an impact on collision calculations/performance.
    As I mentioned earlier, I don't get those weird spins. I'm not saying they don't happen, I've seen those vids. I'm just wondering what I'm doing differently and the only two things I can think of are 1) using a gamepad instead of a wheel (but I don't really think that could have a major impact on collisions) or 2) using fewer AIs, which I do in general as a consequence of my PC being an outdated gherkin.
    Really just a theory, nevertheless it would be interesting to see if it changes anything regarding collisions.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Christian Göpfert

I also thought that by lowering the number of opponents the AI would improve but that is not the case.

They collide strongly and push off the track with three opponents (Adaptive AI, AI 90, 95 etc etc)

15. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    The Ai will push you off track if you are slow and on the racing line ! If you race them at a good level for your capability they are really good , if you race them at a level beyond you and get in their way they are not very forgiving and will hammer you !
    That isn't at all my problem as i try to race them , not get in their way !
    Its when i hit them from behind when they are too slow into a corner than spins me round from me rear ending them !

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I understand your problem happens to me too.

But if the opponents overtake you they should avoid you first, look for the line and then execute the maneuver, since when is it allowed to break the car if you are on the road

At your discretion, Lewis Hamilton will have to hammer Lance Stroll every time he takes a lap.

Also i run with "Adaptive AI" is not higher or lower level is the correct level

17. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I understand its not perfect but you have to understand we are racing Ai (robots) that does race us well , but yes it has issues and we need to adapt to them and their limitations !
    They do race well and will overtake cleanly with side by side action but will push you out of the way if you are too slow , just like i crash into them (and get spun 180) when they are too slow for me and i as a human with adaptive learning abilities can and need to adjust my line and braking to avoid the spin issue ! The Ai haven't got the same level of ability as me (obviously) ;) and we need to rely on the ability of the codes to code them as best they can .
    As Ai they are pretty good especially when compared to the Sim competition thats available atm and it seems i'll have to just learn their lines and braking points to avoid the spin as pointed out that it will probably take a engine rewrite to rectify it !

• Like Like x 1
  18. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Well watching some nano videos and seeing a players car pulling zic zac in front of an ai car which comes closer and closer and finally hitting him.
    And this should show us what? I only could see that you are to slow for them.

I highly recommend to learn the track without AI and when you have a good line and drive lap for lap the nearly same time, try the AI in lowest settings first. But, this tip you've got many times now.

• Winner Winner x 4
  19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i would also advise stop trying to win , set the ai level to something relative to your lap time , set a grid of 20 ai , then start at the back , aim to get in the top 10 , you can then up the ai limit by 3% only if you get a podium .
    do this on a few cars and tracks and you will suddenly have learnt the AI, lines/braking/weakness's where you can and cant overtake , where and how to defend

but im sure you wont

you will just post another few videos trying to prove the AI is bugged when infact it is yourself that needs reprogramming

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The game has two serious problems.

1) AI (blind, aggressive, psychotic)

2) the impact of the AI on the player (it seems that it has the weight of a tank and the player is a wasp)

There are good betatesters who recognized the problem and admitted that the game was born with failures (it is very sad but it is the truth).

There are betatesters who do not see the problem, for them I advise you to see my 17 videos that they try, in addition to so many players who complained about it (remember that the topic did not start).

Andi is your lucky day, I helped you in your work (and free). Maybe my videos are very fast for you, watch this video (2017 march) in slow motion, very very slow, maybe you understand the problem.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3