News Important announcement

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 21, 2017.

1. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Just more content and surely overpriced.
    I already have those in 2 different sims.
    Easy deduction from here

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But.... the sound... :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Well... That alone doesn't justify it for me.
    I'll end up buying a package for sure at some black Friday or discount anyway :)
    I end up doing that in all racing titles :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I can race them all in a very good sim right now. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Very nice.
    Thank you.
    Le Mans race next, by any chance...

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And yet you're here... ^^

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Yep, because I'm not a blind follower of anything, I enjoy all sims, as I pay MY money for them, not the other way around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Some people are never happy.
    Which is sad.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Porsche is nice and all, but really not excited by more cars, was hoping for an improvement to the game in general.

On the plus side. Maybe we will get some older manual cars out of the license.

Anyhow, just because im not excited doesnt mean its not a good thing, congrats on the porsche license S3

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Dont forget that just because content is announced, that does not mean there isnt work being done behind the scenes on more features & improvements ;)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    True true, good point. And the fact is, for other games, content alone can excite me, so really this is just personal bias on my part. I really want to see this game get more features and become more well rounded...and ultimately attract more sim racers so i can log on at night (in usa) and race more than 4 guys. While new content surely keeps the lights on, cars at least are nit going to attract that many new fans i dont believe. But again, i get it....im moaning, thanks for listening

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    IMHO next crucial step will be the multiplayer ranking lobby which has to be e-sport oriented. With the current competitions (WTCC and DTM) which are a good showcase, the actual licensed content and the one that is to come in the next months (GT3 and Porsche mainly), really S3E has all the cards in hand to succeed in 2018. Why not? I hope they won't miss the turn :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    While i Love the Fact that Porsche is Coming home to R3E what i Really want Most is a Better way to Measure Tire/BrakeTemp and wear ---> It would be Really Good if a Color Code was implimented to Show Tire/Brake Temp and wear ---> Ex: Green =Good Yellow = Wear and ???% Loss of Efficieny Depending, Red = Danger Zone due to Excessive wear or abusive Driving ---> As it is Now Tire Wear on Simulation or X xxxWear Leaves a Lot to Be Desired because you Never Know how hard you can Push because its hard to determin Tire/Brake Wear ---> Other than that i think R3E is Really Good Physics wise.

IMO these missing Factors Diminish the True potential of R3E.... Racing a Sim with No Tire Wear or Loss of performance due to Tire Temp issues is very arcade Racer.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  14. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Tire pressure adjustment would be nice too...

• Like Like x 2
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, you'll be glad to know this already exists in RR then! :)

We have had tire wear for quite a long time already, and if you use the mini HUD in the bottom corner of the screen, it has a little indicator of how much each tire has worn. Starts green, then changes yellow, then orange, and finally red to warn you that you need to change tires soon.

Not only is this info there, but also on the motec display nearly every car has now. Make sure you go to the secondary controller options to bind a key for "data display page flip."

And yes, the tires are affected by high temps and you can really burn off some tires quickly on certain tracks that stress 1 side of the car more than the other.

Unless I misunderstood what you were saying here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I use the Motec and i see the Tires there... you can see wear but its Grey and No matter what there is No Color Change Due to Temp or Tire wear... Maybe im using the Wrong Motec Display.... I Drive the Gt3 Ruf.

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Are you referring to the data display inside the car? If so, the RUF uses a CDL3 MoTec display, which is monochrome by design, so it cannot display any colour coded items.
    Unbenannt.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I see that but use the other display appears in lower right corner and None of the Displays Show tire color Change ---> Can you post a pic and point Me to the data display that will show color change according to tire wear or tire temp.

19. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Choose the Mini Data Display under HUD Settings, enable tire wear and you are good!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It depends on the displays real life features, if they are able to display multi-colour items in reality, the art team of course used that quality.
    So there are a number of displays that give colour-coded information regarding brake and tyre temps as well as tyre wear, like f.e.
    the MoTec 127 (used in the Chevrolet Cruze, 2015 Honda Civic and the 2015 Lada Vesta)
    Unbenannt.JPG
    the AIM MXG (used in the Audi TT Cup cars)
    Unbenannt.JPG
    the Bosch DDU 4, DDU 7 and DDU 8 displays (f.e. used in FR3, Tatuus F4, TTRS VLN, GTR3 Mercedes SLS)
    Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    the Cosworth ICD (used in the Volvo S60, GTR3 Bentley and BMW M6)
    Unbenannt.JPG
    or the McLaren PCU-8D (f.e. used in FR2, some Prototypes, the R18 and a few GTR3 cars)
    Unbenannt.JPG

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1