Improved Damage Model ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Jul 25, 2018.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Just for the sake of it @J-F Chardon or @Alex Hodgkinson or S3 in general :
    Will there be an improved damage model in the future (soon or in long terms, I don't care ) ?
    My request is actually based on practical observations, following our League Events, simply because there have been multiple annoying after-race- debates after incidents and accidents caused by overambitious even wreckless behaviour (You know the "You can't win a 1h race at T1 and L1" stuff) regardless we mostly have very disciplined and experienced drivers.
    But in this case 90% of those incidents/accidents happen because you can get away with "bold" autoscooter action that normally (in real motorsport) will send you back to pits directly (wrecked) - specially with fast and sensitive cars like the DTM. It's possible to do so and so you get used to play it hard -simply like that- therefor I won't blame the drivers alone, except for the totally careless ones.
    Conclusion: Regarding League Racing you also should end at the pits wrecked, if you're not willing to use your common sense within a gentlemen's/racers agreement ;)
    With a more refined damage model it would be virtually impossible to drive over-the top-this way, except you want so...
    Of course this feature needs to be adjustable like it is now, but with a 100% stronger "Impact-level" :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    It is on the radar to be improved, yes.

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson A couple of weeks ago someone hit me from behind causing me to hit a barrier which killed my engine. The person that hit me carried on after the incident with no damage. During the same incident I saw another car roll about 3 times past me. He landed back on his wheels and drove off and completed the race. Something is not correct with that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    It's also a passing technique for many on the public servers. I get rammed off the road all the time. If I see you are faster than me, more times than not I move to the side so that you get way away from me no damage for them, and they race ahead trying to catch the leaders.

5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Just like about 14 riders of the F1 did last sunday for Hamilton. :p:confused::(:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    It'd be useful to know which cars were involved :)

7. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson WTCC 13. I drove the Lada, the person that hit me was in the Seat I think but no idea what was rolling. I don't have the replay.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well, thats clearly a driver issue and not what I meant and on public servers I wouldn't recommend to increase the damage level - except for you like a good ol' demolition derby ...should be used in a controlled enviroment only :), like E-Sport/Community Events, a "Pro" -Mode (damagewise) for SRS and such - something like that...;)

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That can happen ATM unfortunately. Especially Engine-Damage due to impact only happens when you hit a certain spot on the car. In both cases in your incident that spot is on Front. The car that rammed you from behind might had minor damage or none as the impact-speed wouldn't be that high (both cars moving forward). Hitting a barrier on the other side means higher impact-speed and so a bad end for your race...

Roll-Overs nearly have no impact on damage at the moment. Had some wild roll-overs during the years playing R3E. The biggest problem after that was finding the right driving-direction...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Ah, ok, misunderstanding @Paul Darke (sometimes I should read more carefully)...
    Yeah, seen that too....

11. LNRace

LNRace Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    As much as I love R3E, the current bodywork/aero damage model is a joke. The cars should be a lot more sensitive. Even in older games like GTR2 or Race 07, the damage sensitivity is a lot more realistic, so I'd assume that it should definitely be possible to improve this area in R3E as well.

12. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
  13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    It's nice, but meanwhile in iRacing

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. GooseCreature