In game lag - PC Spec help/ advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tim Grainger, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'm experiencing in-game lag when racing with 15+ cars in online Ranked Racing. Much above 20 cars in the field and it's just about undriveable.

I know I have a fairly basic system but just looking for some suggestions on how best to improve it. No point me getting a whole new system and finding it's my internet connection that's the bottleneck.

Specs below - any other help, suggestions or questions welcomed. Thanks

Processor: Intel Core i-3-2100 CPU @3.10GHZ
    Ram: 20GB
    System type 64-bit
    Windows 10
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
    Internet speed (via Speedtest): Download: 30.3mbps Upload: 6.1mbps Ping: 15ms (UK)

2. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom really needs a fast CPU. Unfortunately I think your system is too weak for a larger field of opponents.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean by lag? Slow game frame rate or problem with other cars flashing, changing position or jumping or something else?

Can you play single player mode OK with 15 cars? I´d suggest using the steam FPS counter on screen to see if the FPS is reasonable or if your internet is the culprit in multiplayer as that is not a super connection either.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Have you played with the "Visible cars" option in the Graphic settings yet? The number of visible cars can be limited to the closest X vehicles to you, making the performance impact of a bigger field significantly lower. Try to set the shadow-related settings as low as you can tolerate as well (or even disable shadows if that doesn't kill the immersion for you), those have a huge CPU demand too. The "Contact shadows" option can be equal to the "Visible cars" setting.