In-Gameplay Web Overlays

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 4, 2019.

1. easy_kill_72

easy_kill_72 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    thank you very much !
    Yeah this happened when I was chatting in a multyplayer session

• Like Like x 1
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I'm probably missing something blatantly obvious, but is there a way of adjusting widgets that aren't currently being displayed on the HUD? For example, I want to move the Crew Chief thing but it only shows up when CC talks to me. Start lights too, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    The Crewchief one, you have to grab it when its active / displayed to move it.
    Lights cannot be moved, but you can resize them (scale them down) and they move left of the mirror.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem the Dell U4919DW 32: 9.

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Hmm. It would be great if an option could be added to display everything so that it could be adjusted from the pits before you're in the middle of a race. Great example why, during yesterday's race the time difference list was active, the first time ever since it isn't displayed in practice or qualy. It was right in my eye line when turning right (VR) which was incredibly distracting. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else having issues with the start lights, nearly every start they are way out of sync, I only know it's green when I see the cars move.

7. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    you must remove the launch option in steam to make the start lights appear again

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that performance takes a hit with the Web Overlay. I tested it on Stowe where the fps went from 210 to 150 on the main straight. Probably only those players that are CPU limited can see the decrease in fps.

By the way, is it possible to make the game read the local index.html like that?
    -webHudUrl=C:\dist\index.html

9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Well I’m not CPU limited but see performance drops like more users do.

10. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    You just have to click where the gear for the settings were last the menu appears then!

11. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You need to be running a web server locally (I use NGinx), then you can serve the content from there.

12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I know, but a web server shouldn't be necessary I think. When you open your local dist\index.html in a browser while driving in the game, you can also see the telemetry data being processed in the browser.

13. Rüdiger Lampe

Rüdiger Lampe New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is but not that way (normal path). You need a webserver like xampp (apache) or any other webserver anywhere.
    But remember u have to sync manually on changes by hand or via github sync if any changes come up.

I did it on win10 with xampp for windows like this:
    Startcommand on Steam Link: -webHudUrl=#localhost/r3e/dist/
    I need more posts to put links in so make ur own: replace # with normal webaddress beginning hatetepe://
    I don't use "-webdev" , think it's only for development.
    And the "dash.exe" have to be startet before game start also this way.

kind regards
    ps.: maybe a moderator would be that kind to correct that link so no confusion come up ;-)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  14. Zoltan85

Zoltan85 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I turn everithng OFF. But still dont work.

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    npm install should be added to the development part in README.md. Apart from that, I noticed that the name in package-lock.json was automatically changed to "r3ewebhud" when running npm install.

Do I need to run npm start each time I changed a file or should it refresh automatically ingame?

16. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    You should be able to use -webHudUrl=file:///C:/users/path/to/dist/index.html

Worth noting that if you have a directory/URL with a dash in it (eg. my-folder), this will break the startup argument and you won't see anything in game.

File changes get reflected live on screen, so you don't need to run npm start multiple times. Changes to any .scss files should show up right away, changes to .tsx files will take a few seconds to reload on screen.

17. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a pc nerd, sorry
    Can anybody help me to get the pit-limiter on screen with the New web overlay

18. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    In the overlay, click the settings icon on the left side of the screen. You should see a widget for the pit limiter, make sure it is turned on. The drive in the pits - the webhud pit indicator should appear when you are driving more than 10kph I think.

19. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I had try this, but no limiter on screen.
    I look tonight again, maybe i do something wrong

20. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Oh i turned the start lights of the new hud off because i didnt want two starting lights showing but yesterday i started a race and there were none at all. Anybody got an idea how to get the old starting lights back?