In response to the so called 'leak'.......

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chris Speed, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    By the way, things went a bit silent on here lately. Not just in terms of GTR 3, but also about the future prospects of R3E. From the outside all you can tell is that development seems to have slowed down a bit.

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom just had an update 7 days ago with some fairly substantial code improvements... as well as 2 hotfixes since then...

3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Alright, but I'm talking about the changelog you get after you exclude the "introducing new bugs and hunting them down" stuff (which is also a natural part of development, I'm aware of it). Which would be a relatively short list.

I'm only saying this because RR is losing popularity in all of the sim communities I follow or race with and it makes me a bit worried/frustrated.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I mean RaceDepartment just wrapped up another Raceroom championship, streamers regularly stream Raceroom, more so since SRS started working with Raceroom. The game seems as popular as you can expect from a simracing game exclusively on the PC:

If the communities you frequent are loosing interest in Raceroom perhaps it's time to find some new ones? The game is if anything picking up pace in the places I frequent.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As this seems to be what Balrog is worrying about, the answer is a simple no, development has not slowed down. In the past there have always been times of lessened output, but those have always been used (or rather that time was necessary) to prepare upcoming releases or events.

And of course this is only me drawing a conclusion, but I assume in the future we'll see more events like the E-Motorsports Asia GT-Challenge.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    So.....sorry if I don't get this...Raceroom is already using the unreal engine? No new game in the works, so night will be added, possibly to the current game?

7. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Sector3studios makes Raceroom which does not run on Unreal engine at the moment. A sister company (sort of) called Simbin which is located in UK is currently developing GTR3, which is a completely new game and separate from Raceroom. Sector3 studios and simbim will most likely share some assets in the development of GT3, for example some sounds from RR might be used in GTR3, and the graphics engine will probably make its way into raceroom eventually.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks for the reply. And GTR3 drops when? Also, any word on an overhaul to Raceroom? Not that it needs it in my mind, but just wondering.

9. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    BLEIGH!:eek: I wouldn't even drive a grand caravan in real life:sunglasses:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Release for GTR3 is planed somewhen in 2018. Regarding the Overhaul of R3E there isn't much known.
    All information about those two topics that were made public can be read in this interview: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/
    Nothing more was made public since then...

11. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Great news. I'm very much looking forward to this.

12. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    that is the thread I read the other day, and while good it is over a year old, it also mentions being aimed at hard core and casual gamers, which got me thinking that it may be a better venue for street cars than race room, as it is now "sometime in 2018"

13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Come on.. GTR3 won't have street cars. Every GTR game was focused on racing classes with GT cars... Hence the name GTR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    GT3 cars must be based on road going vehicles
    so it would be fantastic to have the street version and the GT3 version in the same sim
    I don't think I am the only one who would love the opportunity to see how they compare
    but yea, probably not going to happen, still we can dream cant we?

• Disagree Disagree x 17
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    No thanks. There are enough other games where you can "enjoy" driving dull cars on dull roads

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    What? He paid for the visit? :-D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. headder

headder Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ACC will be released sooner than we will se day/night transition in R3E. It's sad that the R3E has no such thing. It would be great to play N24 in 2.4 hours with a day/night transition :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    What's up?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Is the small team still investigating or are there other priorities on the road map instead...