In response to the so called 'leak'.......

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chris Speed, Mar 15, 2016.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I fancy It's possible that S3 and RR will be dedicated online/e-sport/multiplayer Sim with rankings, leagues and competitions (as stated last night) which leaves Simbin with a career/single player multi platform based Sim so both Single player fans and multiplayer fans are catered for (covering all bases) with maybe Simbin buyers multiplayer side looked after by S3 & RR via their portal. Sounds plain enough, must be a lot easier splitting your clients wish list in two. With the latest incarnation of AI hopefully even though RR is moving even more toward m/player maybe the AI could be introduced to bolster online grids?
    Regardless of Simbin and their plans, personally last night was just what my ears needed to hear, for me S3 are getting most things right!

• Like Like x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like I may have to switch to the new Simbin product if it's going to have more of a single-player focus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I don't know. I don't want to sound always so negative, but on one hand, I race in multiplayer mode regularly, but others always tell me the majority of the players use R3E in single player mode only. So if SimBin releases a shiny new career focused game, it is very likely that most of the players will leave RaceRoom eventually.
    And on the other hand, I think it's very unlikely SimBin would release the new game without a solid multiplayer section, because that would be a disaster from a marketing point of view nowadays. And don't tell me a shiny new game with Unreal engine won't convince the leagues currently using R3E to switch the platform sooner or later.:p And because all of that, I'm still a little worried about the long term future of the game.

4. Beep Beep

Beep Beep New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I guess SimBin must consider all the $$$ that all of us had already spent for a game that is still in beta. It would be so much wiser (imho) to complete R3E instead of creating a new separate game. Why don't SimBin change the game engine and then focus with other type of gameplays inside R3E. Tell me, for how long is iRacing in the market? How many updates had they made to the game and engine? It is still the same game, right?
    I race mostly alone in practice mode but sometimes i like to enter some MP races. If i'd could enter a league i would play more often in MP mode for sure. But that is the most that i could expect for a title i own... to play both single and multiplayer.
    Again, if SimBin choose this path then R3E will be my only sim (i have also AC, RF2, the not so sim PC and Dirt Rally).
    Just my 2 cents.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Always bear in mind that SimBin and Sector3 Studios are two seperate companies. Sector3 will continue to work on RR, SimBin will create a new cross-platform title.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Beep Beep

Beep Beep New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok. My bad then. But, anyway, why they don't joint venture and work together in optimizing R3E then? I know it's definitely not my call and this is just an opinion but wouldn't this make more sense? I mean... instead of moving to a new title dedicated so SP why not optimize R3E to it's full potential? Let's face it... we have a very good quality product regarding tracks, cars and physics (still plenty of room to evolve for sure). Regarding graphics.... well.... a new graphics engine merged in the game engine wouldn't be easier than creating a full new game? I don't know if this makes sense to you guys but to me it will be easier to continue supporting this game in a path like this than buying an all new game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I wonder what this post was about and if it stopped being a thing or not.

(sorry for the necro)

8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Coming up on 2 yrs now, eh? :p

Why would this have stopped being a thing though? It has always been said that a new graphics engine would come along after GTR3 is out, since they are likely developing that technology.

Clearly 2 yrs is a long time to wait already, so some more infos would be nice. But I would highly doubt these plans are scrapped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Can't find much info about gtr3 , website and social media are out of date. Hope it' still moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I would be surprised if work wasn't progressing. And at the same time quick releases have never been one of S3E's better traits. Mostly I think because of a small staff and high quality standards.
    Also they tend to be very quiet about progress, because so often people get all pissy when it doesn't happen immediately. It takes them several months to build cars. A whole other game,,,takes time and money. Just relax and wait. when it comes out it will have been worth the wait if history is any precedent.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    No one should be surprised there is no info and or things may be slightly behind sked :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Or they learned from S3 that too much teasing isn't very helpful :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Worry not folks, things are progressing with GTR3 but they are keeping things close to the chest atm, understandably so.

I've been fortunate enough to be kept in the loop to a certain degree and things look good, but the info I have is not yet for public sharing, it was done as more of a favour than for reporting over at RD. Needless to say I'm sticking to this bad boy like glue, and very much intend to push Mr. Speed and co for the earliest possible green light to share some news :D

Keep the faith people ;) :)

• Informative x 9
    • Like x 7
    • Love it! x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    come on, 9 pages and no one has asked the burning question??? day and night are nice, weather is nice, pretty graphics are nice, BUT WILL IT HAVE STREET CARS????????????????

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    We drive street cars already. We want race cars :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully not...

Anyway, click here
    EDIT: My bad, I see you already posted there, asking for street cars... you heretic! :mad::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Maybe sinbin and raceroom can get together and finish (polish) this game first.:p

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    that's WHY I like street cars in my sims, I LIKE driving my real cars
    they just burn too much fuel! sim cars save me a TON of money

19. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    This is great news and something eles to look forward to, just how good can this game get.

Sorry it took so long to reply but only just finished cracking one off:tonguewink:

20. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    WHY ON EARTH would I want a dodge grand caravan:eek: in my racing sim!?!:confused:
    Might as well throw an 87 Chevy cavalier station wagon the track as well:fearscream: :laughing::laughing::laughing:(They are/were great for keeping my carpentry tools clean, safe and dry);)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1