Indianapolis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jynn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I don't get why they made this track when there are no Indy cars. Or is there a class that does actually work well here?

2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Try some...

Personally I think Prototypes, Radical, GT3, DTM13/14 are fine.

It's not a popular circuit but I don't mind it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    It was created basically to accommodate the Daytona Prototypes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Who knows, what the future will bring. After the announcement to add a few Openwheeler ....... maybe Indycars could also be added at a later point.

But i agree with previous posts. Indianapolis works quite good with Daytona Prototypes. Maybe we see some other american tracks in R3E, and with Mid-Ohio and Laguna Seca already in, we could start a virtual Grand-Am Sports Car Series.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Tudor United Sports Car...

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    i quite enjoy drive there with the GTO.
    Well ... Actually i enjoy driving the Gto anywhere :D

So why not on this track?
    I don't get why we would question any track. The more the merrier.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Didn't like it at first, but I've had some good racing there in a variety of classes.

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I haven't found a series yet that isn't fun to run around Indy. GT2's are my favorite for all the American tracks.

9. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Not saying 'they shouldn't have built it', just trying to find out what the devs were thinking the best class for it would be. Thanks for suggestions, I may be getting it(with american trackpack) after the fun I had last night with the gumpert at laguna competition. Man that car is such a beast for something with such a silly name!

10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    If you think Laguna is fun, wait for a competition at Mid Ohio. Mid Ohio is my favorite R3E track and along with Indy, Seca, and Sonoma, I can't wait to throw an open wheel car around it.

11. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Sonoma's a pretty wild ride.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Sonoma and Watkins Glen were the first two road tracks I learned to "sim race on" with the original NASCAR Racing by Papy back in the day. It was a wild ride then and it's a much prettier wild ride now in R3E.

13. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    looks like I misunderstood what Indy course you buy, as I was expecting just the big oval hence my confusion over what class to race there, but then I see it's only the road course. Nice to have the road courses, but a bit disappointed not to get the oval too. Might have been interesting to race the hyper cars on the oval where some throttle lift would likely have been needed. oh well.

14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    For me it was the other way round : Was not aware of brilliant US-Road Courses, cause US- Motorsports for me = NASCAR = Ovalracing = Meh ! = another world of racing and a science of its own (checked Papis NASCAR once and got no fun but a stiff neck and stiff arms *just kidding*).
    Then I discovered those tracks via Simbin- and RSDG Mods : Road Atlanta, Elkhart Lake, Watkins Glen, SEBRING ! a.s.o -hope S3 will bring more of them. Bought Indy just because a good discount for the American Track Pack but tbh I only did two laps there to check it out. And the F1 boycott debacle some years ago did no good in terms of promotion and popularity as well (from european perspective - no question US-audience was pissed as well)....
    There was btw. a hillarious episode of Malcolm in the Middle @Nascar once, which pretty much reflects how I look at it - interesting, cause I couldn't find it at YT -maybe some fans didn't like it ? :D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yes indeed, North America has some of the best road courses in the world, most of which are unknown within their own nation. They have many internationally recognised sports car events on amazing tracks, although if there were more local interest then maybe they too would be ruined by over the top health and safety practices.

Road Atlanta is incredible, would be #1 on my R3E wish list, but tracks like Sebring, Road America, Mosport and Watkins Glen are absolute classics, and even relatively new circuits like Barber are great too.