Install question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joel Willstein, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I got back into sim racing now that I'm retired (72 years old, so I'm most likely the oldest sim racer). Last time I simmed was during the height of GPL. My question is that I installed both the regular install and the VR install, just not knowing any better. No issues with the game starting and running from either Steam nor my desktop, but I can't get the HUD mod to work as I get a pop up asking me to change a number in a registry line. I'm assuming that the issue is the duel install. Can I un-lnstall the VR install without any issues to the other install?

Thanks,
    Joel

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... are you sure it's R3E that you're having issues with? As far as I'm aware, there is no "dual install" or VR "version" of this sim. You install R3E via Steam, and starting in VR is an option when you launch it.

As for the HUD, what mod are you trying to use exactly? If it's a WebHUD then they require you to start another app first (dash.exe) and add a switch to R3E's launch options. Full instructions can be found here, although this WebHUD is much better than the standard S3 example.

• Agree Agree x 1