English Instant online competitions (beta website)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Rik Fast, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I made a website and a 5 instance dedicated server for direct online competitions, the URL is for now a subdomain from my business website. Just try them, and let me know what you think.

The site is http://rikfast.indots.eu but is in beta ( i just finished version 00.01 :D ).

The challenges are supported with immediate results online, for each challenge it's own result page. These pages are accessible from the website. Or from this subpage. I would like to thank @pixeljetstream :) for a tool to parse json files. The basics from this tool i kept but i did some custom changes to support the rikfast.indots.eu website. (it needs some testing though and some datum/time tweaks, plus more user related stuff)

The server is truly dedicated and 24/7 on. It's located in the Netherlands.

The RIKFAST-01 .... RIKFAST-05 servers don't need a PIN/password, but that can change in the future.

On the website is already some information about the how and why, thus check the website.

My goal is to create a greatly open online experience with lot's of fun. In challenges and their online result as a companion, so you can compete with others. Extreme wreckers can be black-listed. (remember the online results need to evolve into something bigger then this initial version)

I would appreciate if you guys and girls would give feedback here, or to give advise etc..
    I want the website to become into something what it supposed to be...:p

Thanks and hopefully you can race with enjoyment on the servers.
    Rik Fast
    http://rikfast.indots.eu

• Like x 2
    • Love it! x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. Rik Fast

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    BETA V.00.02
    I added a timeline with a time target. If you concentrate on that timeslot on that specific server it would be more likely that someone is joining you on the server. Directing players to specific times on a specific server.

More changes on the way. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rik Fast

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I added a teamspeak 3 server to go with the RIKFAST-0? servers.

To connect bookmark: indots.mine.nu with password: 39391.

There are 6 channels, the lobby channel and then the five individual servers as channel: RIKFAST-01 trough -05.
    So you can try these out, have fun.

Clients teamspeak download

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  4. Rik Fast

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    The results from the RIKFAST server can now be parsed differently based on implemented agenda settings. This is made possible to support the Belgium/Dutch race league GRRT. This league is now in control of server RIKFAST-GRRT, for info on GRRT see their thread about their Ultimate Driver championship. Furthermore there is in the results more detailed info per driver: Laptimes, Positions, Racetime etc...

I'm working on database storage and custom championship challenges for more control over the results and their feedback to the drivers.

These updates to the website/servers are done in the past weeks:

10-03-2016: Updated the result pages:
    - Racers with only no-starts and DNF are filtered out in the score table
    - Percentage score added: your points divide by (total possible points possible * races attended) * 100%
    - added navigation buttons to the result pages
    - Some minor tweaks

12-03-2016: Updated the result pages.
    - Added scroll effect to button navigation
    - Results standing has now sorting on columns
    - Driver names are linked to the RR Dashboard, not all drivers get their username in the JSON file.
    - Made a complete new race result table

13-03-2016: Updated the result pages.
    - All dates and times got correct formatting
    - Database sort optimized for better detection of DNFs and non starters
    - Corrected the sort order for DNFers.

21-03-206: Updated Race result pages
    - Detailed race info (balloon pop-up)
    - Server Info
    - Tables reversed (new result first)
    - Little formatting optimization
    - Images to .png for better browser support
    - DNF get better result standing
    - DNF get info detail balloon

27-03-2016: Updated website for better smart phone support. Updated result pages for support agenda GRRT league.