Bug Instant replay strange bug with perspective modification

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by StefB, Nov 5, 2019.

1. StefB

StefB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all , i noticed a strange bug in instant replay.
    Tested with some cars and track.

when i play in solo hotlap mode , (i forgot to try in other modes) , if launch instant replay (default key R) and then leave the replay with the esc key ... i go back in the car with a strange view, as if it was a 10X zoom , and i can't change it, even if i restart a session with another car , track etc ... all is fine when i leave and launch again the game.
    If i leave the replay clicking on the right icon button, all works fine.

Thanks for reading, could someone confirm this bug to know if it's in the game or my configuration ?

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello @StefB

Can you tell us more about your configuration, are you using single monitor, triples, TrackIR or VR?

Have you got any buttons bound to camera editing (adjust seat, perspective shift, etc) that you may have pressed during gameplay?

3. StefB

StefB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm using a single 2K screen, no track ir or vr.
    I thought about the perspective button, i was modifiying all the cars point of view and perspective angle as i changed my seat and wheel position. i noticed this change the inclinaison for all cars, so i choosed one that look good and removed key assignement to be sure i won't hit it again. i removed too the key i assigned before to reset the perspective button.

When i noticed it was with the esc key in instant replay, to confirm, i rebooted the pc , just launch the game, do a hotlap, use replay and esc , so i just used two key on the keyboard, R and Esc.
    I'll do one more test in an hour to confirm again.
    I have a 2nd pc with no wheel, i will install the free content of the game to test on a diffrent machine

Note that before is was always using the mouse, to click and leave instant replays, so i can't tell if this was happeing before.

4. StefB

StefB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok i see how it happens.
    On the 2nd computer, fresh install of the game, no problem when i leave a replay with esc or click
    so i configure 3 key for perspective up down and reset, i change it in the copckpit view of the car, then go replay .. and i have the bug.
    I tested a key i forgot to test before :) … the reset perspective, and then … i go back again in the correct cockpit view … but reset to it's default
    And when the bug is done one time, if i go back to a session, just Moving the perspective to up do the bug (except of course if i leave the game completely)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  5. StefB

StefB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I noticed something else about this perspective option, it's very usefull for me (to have the car counters in view through my real wheel) Why this option is not saved independently for each car (as the seat position) ? Like in anothers racing games.
    There's many diffrent kinds of car in raceroom and depending on the heigh of the car sometimes vertical need to be a little différent.

6. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I've got the same issue. When leaving an instant replay with ESC, I'm sometimes back in the car showing me that above mentioned extremely zoomed cockpit view. Have mapped a button to 'reset view' wich brings back normal field of view. Moving the seat up and down is still possible but if I try to tilt my sight down again, the view immediately switches back to that undrivable zoomed view. It just happens if I touch that tilt up or down button. After restarting the game, I'm able to adjust my desired view again. So it works til the next random occurance after leaving the replay. No specific car or track. Can not reproduce or provoke it, unfortunately. I will try to record this issue and report back...

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    its in the bug tracker guys

Andi

8. StefB

StefB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    still the same bug with the last update :(