iRacing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dale Junior, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    It is very good to be honest. I wanted to try it to run in some hosted sessions on another site and for some of the same reasons you did, and was super pleased. Yeah it's super expensive, and it's been down quite a bit since the Nords build came out, but it's a lot of fun. I've had a blast with it so far and really am enjoying the oval stuff far more than I thought I would. Tarik, if you're not concentrating on both road and oval, you should be able to make it to C class in Road without spending a dime (use the Mazda or the Solstice during free tracks to get your C license when you move up to D from Rookie). If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm not super smart on it (less than two months) but I'll help if I can.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Can i drive the Nordschleife instantly or its important to complete other races and series and can i drive the Ford GT3 with my rooky Status?

Edit:

Ah thanks you have answered my questions ;)

I like the dynamic weather and track. Thats a Feature what im completly miss in r3e. Il hope they add this asap.

3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    You can do time trials with the Nords and get out of rookie that way. Just be careful because when you run a time trial that counts against your safety rating. Make sure you can get around it with no off tracks or spins for at least 30 minutes (probably 4 laps or so). I never run a race until I can successfully do at least two time trials at a track with zero incidents.

Edit, the rookie competition is called The Nordschleife Tourist Hot Lap Competition

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Ah nice to know. The Mazda take my full concentration, my logitech attack 3 Controller is not supported in ir so i shift with my paddels and this isnt rly funny.

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    The Mazda is a lot of fun though. I hate the Solstice. I hated every single time trial or race I used it for. It's ridiculously slow but it helped get out of D class to C. The open wheel stuff in iRacing is quite a bit of fun if you're looking for something to do in D class. The skippy, the Star Mazda, and the Dallara Indycar are wonderful to drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    <shudder> I'm getting flashbacks to the Spec Racer ford, which is an utter sh!theap. Like a lawnmower, with bizarre handling but for some baffling reason really popular

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't get it either. Every setup I tried ended up with the ass end facing the wrong way on the track.

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It needs constant trailing throttle. It's a stupid car and I completely refuse to believe that the real thing handles like the iRacing version. It was / is just silly and drove nothing like a car and certainly nothing like a racing car

9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    The new McClaren F1 car handles far easier than the Spec Racer lol

10. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    After a week inside Iracing im rly suprised how good it is.
    The ffb is rly rly good and in my opinion it overtake r3es ffb in different ways.
    The sound (BMW z4) is rly enjoyable and im love it.
    I have droven laps of laps of laps at the amazing nordschleife and im rly happy and afraid at the same time when im rushing down the Fuchsröhre with hell of speed :D

The street give me a good Feedback about the current situation and im always connected with the ffb.
    The Ford gt3 is very slow against the r3es Ford, dont know to fix it but its not the same like r3e.

All in all its a good sim who have taken in few points the lead in my simworld.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I tried iRacing about 6 months ago....not a good experience.

The cost was OK because I spend more than I should have games and it's my main hobby outside of the life / 9 to 5 grind.

What I detested was the community....absolutely toxic.

I am a slow racer...but I observe good racing form, line and procedure i.e. getting out of the way of other cars at the first SAFE opportunity. Yet I was reported by someone for 'obstructing their race'.....and sent about 8 pages of rant about what constitutes good form. When I replied back to the person asking them to show me a replay, and assuring them that I had at all times observed proper procedure i.e. I will not move out of the way and ruin MY race but will do so at the FIRST available safe opportunity, then everything from the length of my willie to the ability to prove my parentage was questioned.

I also had to endure general chat filled with effing and blinding and abuse of the worst sort (not at me...but it scrolled by) where people were arguing like children about 'who did what to whom'.

Then there was the Turn 1 wreckers EVERY FECKING RACE.

Tried oval racing and it was worse....no one had a clue about a race line or consideration for anyone else.

I have seen racers hunt each other down 'because you rammed me on lap 1'....and I GOT YOU GOOD PAL!!!!

ALL this, ALL this happened OUTSIDE of rookie class.

A 'poor sim' at the best...filled with deluded, elitist and toxic people that really belong in Call of Duty. As to the much lauded quality of the average racer outside of Rookie, I'm sorry but I just didn't see it. I saw people consistently spin, wreck, crash, overtake and take other people out....it was project cars at it's worst....

To be fair....some if not most of you may have had different experiences....these were mine. Never....NEVER again....

12. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I have in my last races and practise sessions always fair racers.

Just the loading time from the Nordschleife (3-4 minutes) is disappointing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. DoctorFrazierCrane

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Wow serious? Is this 3-4 minutes for single player practice or just online?

(I'm glad you're enjoying it though - just not for me at the moment).

14. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
  15. DoctorFrazierCrane

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Can I've your personal opinion if you've played Assetto Corsa? How do you think the iRacing Green Hell compares?

16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Despite the fact that it takes so long to load, I prefer iRacing version for a few reasons. The track colors are more vivid, if you go off track in practice or time trial, there are several points along the track where you respawn, and it can be combined with Nurburgring to make every combination known to man. Granted that's $30 opposed to $15 for AC version, but well worth the extra money to me at least.

17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Also iRacing has added a "fun race" with the Nords. You can run the Kia (wonderful FWD Car), Mazda MX5, or the Ford Mustang. It's 3 laps long. It's Rookie Class so anyone can run it.

18. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I dont like the sound in ac thats first. I like the colour settings in Iracing more then in ac. The accuration of laserscanning and development i cant feel a difference (i havent driven ac for months).
    Im waiting for the r3e nordschleife, how they feel compared to the Iracing nordschleife.

Im rly enjoing the NOS in ir, fantastic work.

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Lets no forget that in March ((fingers crossed) the big update comes to iracing, revamped web site, so hopefully fast for a change, and their move over to dx11.

I took part in the Daytona 24hrs, seriously fun, but extremely draning, we had 4 in our team using the Mclaren, and we finished 2nd in our class. And the way the track rubbered in over the race, and how it effected the way you had to drive was really cool, if you ever get the chance to do this it's well worth the effort.

20. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Ive been enjoying my time in iR, a little less official races and more into leagues now. I got two F1 fun leagues I take part in(fits my schedule) and soon a GT1 league. Cant get enough of the F1 car, the racing is just amazing with it, exhilarating feeling going wheel to wheel, especially with the ERS/push to pass.