Is anyone interested in a another tough sim ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andreas, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Andreas

Andreas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    As I've said before, I'd love to have it, but not at $25. If it goes on sale for half that or less, then I'd gladly purchase it. I spent a lot of time in Virtual Pool in the past

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andreas

Andreas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great. Last Sale was 3 or 4 weeks ago. I hope they put it on sale next XMas.
    For unlimited access to multiplayer area is 10$ yearly payment needed.

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Already have it. :) I started yeeears ago on VP2, was my favorite game back then.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If judging it by the criterion of how well a simulation virtually rebuilds the real world subject that it focusses on, then VP4 is the best PC simulation I have ever seen in the past 25 years, plain and simple. A real heavyweight simulation. Needless to say: no other does Pool and Billiards this well.

I already knew VP3. Have been with VP4 from their first step into the public on.

And yes, its true what many people say: playing this imporves your real world pool play as well. You simply learn to place your balls better - and how to do it - in theory - by using Spin and English (=effet).

Well worth the money. Waiting for sales almost feels like cheap betrayal to me. :) Because really, it is well worth the money.

I recommend all newcomers to spend good time setting up the mouse, and get some room for it on your table. Ideally you want to have comparable mouse movement distances like you would when holding the "club" and kicking the ball on a real table. That way, VP4 can feel incredibly close to the real thing, and offers an amount of ball control and realism that is second to none. Needing to move the mouse just 2-3 centimeters is like "driving" Raceroom not with a wheel, but a keyboard or joypad: it misses the point, completely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  6. Andreas

Andreas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nice to find VP4 Players here ;-)
    At Skybird & Ho3n3r: Are you guys at Steam and you use VP4 Steam Version? You can add me, i have 99% Pool Players in my friendlist: http://steamcommunity.com/id/andreasvp/

• Winner Winner x 1