Is the lift off steering in wtcr too much ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benoityip, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0
    I already lost my IRL FWD in a slow corner under rain, I was just testing the grip limit of this slow car (a small Renault Clio), doing wide circles on wet asphalt with new tires, and I just wasn't able to lose it while accelerating, but at the instant I decided to stop the test and released the throttle, the car immediately spun and I got totally surprised! :D The speed was around 40-50 km/h only... :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +570 / 0
    No!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    I don't drive these much but had a good run out in the Seat last night (I'm not calling it a cupra....) and I found it to be really good. Sure if you jump out of the throttle going into a corner it's gonna come around but drive progressively and it's very predictable. Definitely going to drive these a bit more.

As with any car, you have to work out how it wants to be driven, it's no good just applying the same technique to all cars. That's half the fun of SIM driving for me, learning new things.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. benoityip

benoityip Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Driving WTCR in Bathurst is scary. I have been crashing a lot in the long straight banking right where speed is 250km/h. No brake is involved in that corner. I cannot full throttle that corner now. I am still figuring the driving style for that corner so that I can flat out full throttle

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Do you mean the slight right into the chase?

6. benoityip

benoityip Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Yes, please let me know how to drive that, I am on full throttle with no brakes and still spun out... Car is on maximum wing in wtcr2018

Edit Later: I fixed my driving style and it is no longer an issue

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    I will try it when I get chance but I see no reason you can't go flat through there.

8. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 0
    Just did a few laps with the RS3 at Bathurst on default setup and had no problems at that right kink.
    What controller are you using and did you change from the default steering ratio?

• Like Like x 1
  9. benoityip

benoityip Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    @Alex Hodgkinson
    My apology, I fixed my driving style and it is no longer an issue

• Like Like x 2
  10. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 0
    Good to read!

It would be useful for others if you explained here what exactly you are doing differently now. I'm sure somebody else could learn from your experiences.

11. benoityip

benoityip Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I might be wrong. This is my sharing

Bathurst is a circuit that is very challenging to drive fast. There are few challenging corners require trial braking carefully. For example, the braking at the very top of the mountain. My pb in Bathurst in a BMW try is 2:03.1, not too fast, not slow at all.

In wtcr, because the front of the car is more responsive now, the steering wheel is much more sensitive. Turning the wheel too much can upset rear of the car very easily. Trial braking is another challenging area. It now requires the wheel to be more straight to brake the car

All I need to is to turn the wheel less when entering some corners