Question Is there a way to run triple monitors without Nividia Surround?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dracer, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Dracer

Dracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really enjoy RaceRoom, especially the GTO and 92 DTM cars, along with many others.

I just recently was finally able to set up 3 monitors for sim racing. I am using an Nividia GPU but if I try to use Surround it messes up some of my other programs

Is there a way to set up triple monitors in RaceRoom without using Nividia surround?

I have been able to get them working in iRacing, AC, Automobilista and Rfactor 2, RaceRoom is the only one I have not been able to figure out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    If you run the game in windowed or windowed borderless, yes

you would need to make a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel, which is the size of all you monitors together:
    5760x1080 as example if you monitors are all 1980x1080

You can then set this in the game and use the startup options of R3E to make the triple screen work

Bad video quality but he explains the steps for making a custom reoslution

3. Dracer

Dracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Otter, Thank you for your help. I will give that a try this evening!

4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    You are able to use proper triple screen with perspective correction in all these games without nVidia surround?

5. Dracer

Dracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unfortunately I was not able to set up the custom resolution in Nvidia control panel. Each time I try to set it up I get a notice that my monitor does not support that resolution and I can not proceed to save the custom resolution.

Is there not a way to save the custom resolution directly into a file in RaceRoom similar to the way it is done in Rfactor 2 and Automobilista?

Thanks

6. Dracer

Dracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Case,

iRacing, Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 all work great with triple screens, with all bezel correction, side monitor angle adjustments etc., no problems at all and it can be done without having to use nVidia Surround.

Automobilista works as far as the side monitor angle adjustments and such, but the only thing that does not work is the bezel correction as there is no method within Automobilista to make the bezel correction size entries.

7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    That's weird, this is the first time I've ever heard of those games working with triples without the use of nVidia Surround. Gotta take your word for it, I guess.

8. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    If you did the custom resolution as shown in the vid you can just ignore the warning about the not compatible resolution.
    There is a window that opens when you hit "test" which you have to apply with "Yes it is working ok" it's possible that you dont see the window, cause it will open on the monitor you run the test for. That monitor normally goes dark cause of course it cant handle that resolution ^^
    If that is the case move your nvidia panel to another monitor, before you test the custom resolution, so the window, to accept the res, opens on that one instead of the monitor that goes dark while the test is run.

If you applied it you are able to save it,

This is just need so the custom resolution appears in RaceRoom as selectable.
    You would need to set your Game to "Windowed" or "Windowed Borderless", then select the display ratio for the custom resolution and it shoould be available to select.

9. Dracer

Dracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Case, It was very easy to set up the triples without Nvidia surround in iRacing, and easy in AC and Rf2. I found the info on how to do it for iRacing and AC on the internet. For rFactor 2 I posted on their forums and someone posted the instructions on how to do it. You basically have to run windowed / windowed borderless mode and enter a custom resolution in the correct file within the game folder. Once you do that then you can access the correction in game.

Otter, I will try your instructions this evening. I think I already tried all that and never got the pop up you mentioned about "Yes it is working" so I could click yes. I think I just kept immediately getting the pop up that said the monitor would not display that resolution. I will try it again and follow your instructions. Thanks again for your help