Question Is there a way to run triple monitors without Nividia Surround?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dracer, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Faisalero

Faisalero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello
    i use a triple 5760x1080p 144hz on a gtx 1080ti with an HDMI for the middle monitor and for me to get custom resolution to work i needed to set the refresh rate to 60hz and then i press test it , otherwise if if i go higher than 60hz i get the pop up that said the monitor would not display that resolution.
    so i guess HDMI is not supported for more than 60hz because i tried it with a DPI cable with a GTX 2080ti since it has 3 DPI outputs and i don't have the same issue as i can set a custom resolution with 7680x1440p on144hz.

one thing to put in mind is at first i had to run NVIDIA surround because the custom resolution did not show up in race room , so i run the game while surround is enabled and select window mode or Borderless Window with the new Aspect Ratio which is 48:10 And then the triple screen resolution, after that i disabled surround and crated a custom resolution and when i open race room i find it in the same resolution as if surround was enabled, just don't touch the resolution in race room after its fixed because it will forget it and you'll start all over .

i hope this helps you or anyone who wants to set triples without surround for race room .

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  2. TGov

TGov New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am struggling with this. I all other sims I can get proper triple screen with multiview to work without Nvidia surround. Raceroom is the only one that is giving me fits right now. I have gotten the custom resolution to work but the Multiview launch options do not seem to be working correctly. Also the FOV hotkeys do not work. I really hate turning surround on and off b/c it I have to redo all of my settings for each monitor when I turn it off. Has anybody got this working correctly without surround recently?

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I did this earlier this year with success. Post 20 of this thread has my workaround.

4. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    -----

This worked perfectly, @0ldfella and @OtterNas3 !

I created the custom resolution in the NVIDIA control panel, but I wasn't seeing the resolution in-game no matter what I tried. What I was missing was making sure to change the aspect ratio to 48:9 (as @0ldfella mentioned), and then the custom resolution showed up. It was all smashed together on one screen at first until I restarted raceroom. Upon relaunch, the triple screens were showing as expected once I entered a race (before the race, it was just the far left screen and the middle screen showing content while the right monitor was black, which seems to be expected behavior).

5. Николай Георгиев

Николай Георгиев New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0