Is There anychance RaceRoom...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luke Zientala, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Luke Zientala

Luke Zientala Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Will RaceRoom be playable in offline mode my net does go down and i brought DTM 2013 and im thinking of getting DTM 2015 but i want to be able to play it in offline mode too :(

Thank you in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Hello and welcome to our little community!For the near future a full offline mode is not expected.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke Zientala

Luke Zientala Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hey thank you for welcoming me in so nice and thank you for the replay :) I guess we have to wait and see then

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
  5. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    May I ask what are we buying then? the content? or the right to play that content while the company exists?

• Like Like x 1
  6. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    http://game.raceroom.com/en/about/eula/

Nothing new here. It's the same thing you'll have in any game or software with "in-app purschase".. even software you thin you own (like an expensive Photoshop CS).. is no more yours, but under license.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Some game companies were ordered by court to provide offline installation after studio closure. It was the right of the buyer to play what he bought.

I'm not concerned. Just curious.

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    If the unthinkable ever happened, I doubt all who purchased/supported this title would have everything taken away. I wouldn't even worry if Steam shutdown. I read in an interview that Valve would give everyone a window to download everything.

Regarding RRE, I am always online so It mostly does not bother me. The only time it gets frustrating is when the servers are down and I cannot play through no fault of my own.

9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    You make it seem like such a non issue. Computers and software are a pretty integral part of modern life and it seems over the last decade that the software industry has engineered a situation where they hold all the cards. You as a user get to pay full price for software that you can only continue to use at the whim of the provider and their infrastructure, and then only in a way the provider sees fit.
    • EULAs are full of language detailing your limited rights, restrictions and obligations
    • EULAs always contain clauses indemnifying the vendor from damages
    • EULAs always stipulate that the product is not subject to the usual laws binding sale of goods, and usually try to stamp their own version of copyright that may be at odds with the laws in the jurisdiction of the user
    • EULAs are entirely free of language obligating the vendor to maintain 100% provision of service, or provide a way for the user to access the product if the vendor is unable to continue to provide them
    Just because "it's the way it is" does not mean users have to be happy about it. In the case of R3E the one sided arrangement is clearly leaving a segment of users unable to use their purchased content for technical reasons, and unable to do a single thing about it except complain on this forum, or uninstall.

Most of us here on this forum agree that talented developers like S3S should be compensated for their work, and that their output should not just be up for grabs by pirates and dodgy modders. The way that R3E has chosen to do both of these things is presumably working for them, but it has shifted all the burden to the user.

I'd love to see a poll breaking down the balance of SP vs MP users of R3E, but would guess that if it's anything like other titles the majority are not interested in accessing MP and leaderboard challenge functionality, so the onerous always online system actively works against them.

In my opinion changing the system to allow users offline SP access to their game should be a priority, regardless of the technical challenges that keep being mentioned.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    This question has been asked of the devs several times over the past months since the forum began.
    Several weeks ago it was said in one of those threads that an offline mode was in the works. But it was going to be a while because it will be a LOT of work to get it there. And it would not included the full game.

• Like Like x 1
  11. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

I was just reporting the fact, not giving any opinion over it.
    Fact is: if you desagree the EULA, don't accept it. You can live without it, you can find alternatives.

As long as people agree with EULAs I don't see any editor going back on it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Luke Zientala

Luke Zientala Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I Just don't get why is int RRRE just like Race07, Where there is Online and Offline i can race and enjoy Offline racing but i cant play DTM that's the main reason i love RRRE and i would never uninstall it even if i cant play it online it is a shame that RRRE is int the same as Race07 in that kinda way But i guess we have to speak out on the forums and maybe Sector 3 will notice :) BTW Sorry for my horrible spelling im not from UK and English isn't my first language :p Thank you for the replays as well ive learned a few things i didn't know before.

13. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Different game
    Different publisher
    Not the same business model
    etc ..

yeah, about that... trust me: S3S is 100% aware of the situation (they acknowledge it many times). But they are not the one to decide, they are dépendant of what ask them Raceroom AG (those who pay the bill for S3S)

And one last thing: even if they have the green light for providing a full offline game now, it will not be immediate, as there are technical issue that will not be easy to solve in a blink.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Luke Zientala

Luke Zientala Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Any news its been a year :p

15. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    i dont think anyone has said this but it is quite obvious why you cant. Its cause with an offline mode its easier to crack the game and pirate it. Its obvious. I still think that its a bone headed dicision though.

• Disagree Disagree x 4