Is this the new Logitech wheel?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skybird, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Looking at this image you can say it's still not belt driven is it? Belt driven really is the way to go fo this pricerange.

[​IMG]

2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I dont really know if the improvements in G29 are worth nearly twice the price of G27.And with DFGT seemingly phased out it will be interesting to see if and what Logitech has in hand for the lower prices range.They may have committed a commercial suicide but lets wait and see.

3. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yeah....I'll stick with my 6 year old DFP I got for 125 euros.

4. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Will you be able to aim and shoot during a racing with the G29?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Price is higher than I expected. I was thinking it would be around the £200 mark (€275?). It will be interesting to hear how the G29 stacks up against the Thrustmaster T300 as that's the natural competitor at this price range. Actually, I got my T300 for significantly less than the RRP of the G29 and the FFB and general feel it offers is exceptional for the price. Granted, the G29 has a couple of features in its favour (clutch pedal, shift lights) but it will need to really perfom to warrant the price. Then again, that's the manufacturer's RRP - once it's with retailers it will be cheaper.

6. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    £299 is a lot of money to pay for something that really doesn't offer much in the way of advancing wheel tech, it looks like a G27 with a re-vamped wheel

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Looks are not bad, loads off buttons, but I fear its just an upgraded G27 looking at the details, no belt. Also the G920 is missing the rpm leds and all the cool buttons, weird choice.

I wonder how it compares to the T300/500.

8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What ? Yeah, thats nothing but another rip-off.....add some Fanatec Pedals to your DFGT and your better off with...obviously LT has a screw loose...:confused:

9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Can someone post a link to some fanatec pedals that will work with a dfgt? I just got my wheel a couple of months ago and want to bookmark them just in case. Thanks

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Talked with @James Cook about - as the pedals work via an own usb slot there seems to be no problem with (detection) but didn't have a close look so far.....James ? :)

11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Both the Fanatec Clubsport & Fanatec CSR Elite pedals have a USB connection so when used with a PC you can hook them up directly to the PC via USB. They don't need to be connected to the wheel in order to 'talk' to it. The PC picks them up as a separate device to the wheel.

On consoles it's different but with the PC you can use these Fanatec pedal sets with other brands of wheel.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    last year in Australia the G27 had a RRP of $499, and I bought it in a retail shop for $220. I think places like JB will get a deal and sell them for under RRP

13. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thank you James

• Like Like x 1
  14. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Can help but feel Logitech has surrendered a market they once led to Thrustmaster and Fanatec

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    There's still no reviews and comparisons with G27, right?

16. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015