Question Issues with latest AMD drivers

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mike Davies, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Since the latest AMD drivers came out at the end of march, I have had really bad crashes in RaceRoom. Crashing on open and crashing during the game. It crashes my whole computer where I have to do a hard reset. I rolled back to 15.12 drivers and everything has been fine, but my frame rate is lower than usual. only by about 15 fps. 110 down to 95/90.

Just wondering if any one else has had this issues with AMD gpus. or the 390x to be exact.
    Im running the 390x with an i7950, 12gb ram.

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    hmmm, I don't think so. I know there is a VSR issue....there may be others but I rolled back to an older series of drivers and have more crashes that I did when I had it.....so that would say to me, r3e issue.

3. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Nothing here, rocking the 16.4.1 from last week ( release date 4.4.2016 ).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    okay, MSI was saying send it in and this was kind of one those last minute checks, i guess I gotta RMA it. Thanks for the responses

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    An RMA to MSI? I'd heard they were pretty bulletproof, my motherboard is MSI :confused:

If you wouldn't mind, can you let us know how they treat you?
    I'm looking at a complete system upgrade in October and was leaning heavily towards MSI for Motherboard and GPU.

Hope you get sorted soon buddy.

6. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    MSI is amazing! do everything you can to buy everything from them haha. You can get an RMA approved online within a day, you just describe the problem and if they think its faulty they send you the info to print out to send it in. They say they have a 2 week waiting time max, also. Just waiting now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Nice, thanks for the response man, appreciate it :)

• Like Like x 1