Its not a proper sim, but is anyone else excited about Forza Horizon 3 coming to PC?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Metalogic, Jun 14, 2016.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0

You mean.. triple boot?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Yes, of course...
    But you can do it with a trial version of Windows :D

3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I bought it when it first came out but haven't had much luck with my TX. @Andy Kettler how do you get rid of that awful snap oversteer in Forza? I get it in Horizon 3 and Apex on PC (but not on XBOX). The only way I can get rid of it is to turn on Stability and Traction Control on PC. I don't understand. I have zero issues driving with no assists in any other game (iRacing, R3E, AC, RF2, etc) but I cannot get rid of the oversteer in Forza. Anyone have any tips as for wheel settings/etc? Thank you

4. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I use Win10 for gaming only (and making some videos of gaming), after deactivating services that try to replace my brain or send my personal data to MS. Linux (Arch Linux actually) for the rest. :)
    Funny thing is I didn't pay Win10 even if I should, I upgraded from my Win7, so I have a watermark on bottom right of screen except... in games, free gaming OS, cool. :D

5. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I use normal steering mode.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I find this Win 10 paranoia funny. It's not like some Indian dude will search your browser history and laugh at your... I don't know, let's say music taste :p They just collect app usage and other data so they can personalise recommendations for you. But the whole thing is an automatic, algorithmic process. This idea of MS 'spying' on you is pretty ridiculous from a software engineering point of view.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I use Pc´s since 1998 and Windows 10 is great. Best MS OS for me. Play Anywhere and Crossplay ect... Awesome stuff that MS has done and in a couple month i can play the first ever Forza Motorsport game on PC. So for me some dreams came true :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    You sir are my hero!! Thank you so much!!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    game looks interesting .. will buy it (maybe) hehe

10. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    It looks awesome imo...

I did a 24h Timelapse video in the demo (Xbox One) when it came out to show the amazing weather system, lighting sky, clouds ect. :)

11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Forza EmuWheel v1.1.1 has been released!

Now you can enjoy Forza games on PC using all of your peripherals (pedal sets, shifters, handbrakes, buttonboxes) alongside with your wheel with FFB effects fully supported.
    Features:
    - Simultaneous input from unlimited number of controllers;
    - Full FFB functionality;
    - Ability to bind multiple buttons on multiple controllers to the same ingame functionality.
    - Configurator which autodetects all your conroller inputs and allows you to create profile for your specific set of devices.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...1--Multi-device-support-with-working-FFB.aspx

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Forza Horizon 3 Demo Update

This week, we updated the Windows 10 PC demo for Forza Horizon 3, most importantly bringing the minimum PC spec for the Forza Horizon 3 demo in line with the full version of the game. Specifically, here’s the minimum spec supported by the Forza Horizon 3 demo since the update:

Operating System
    Windows 10 14393.102
    DirectX
    DirectX12 API, hardware Feature Level 11
    Memory
    8 GB
    Video Memory
    2 GB
    Processor
    i3-4170 @ 3.7 Ghz
    Graphics
    NVIDIA GT 740/AMD R7 250x

In addition to the updated minimum specs, the new performance improvements that came along with the recent Hot Wheels expansion are now part of the Forza Horizon 3 PC demo. If you’ve got a Windows 10 PC but haven’t yet tried out the Forza Horizon 3 demo, this week’s update means it’s the perfect time to give it a go! You can find the demo in the Windows 10 Store now.