It's the little things that matters...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Feb 2, 2022.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    As a person who speak multiple languages, I'm delighted to hear the country's native languages being spoken on the loudspeakers. The car sounds are already incredible, but now, I will have to add the overall audio ambience is also great and the menu music is well mixed with cars sounds and powerful inspiring music.

Bravo for the audio!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  2. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I just found another little hidden gem of a detail. If you drive a car with a classic RPM rotating needle (vs LED), like the Group 5 Porsche, and hit a bump or drive in the grass, the needle will be impacted by the heave motion of the car and make said needle "vibrate", thus interfering with the expected normal rotation of the needle. Nerdy, but very cool.

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  3. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Well, another great details that I don't see in any other sims, the ability to have pit stops presets with risky/normla/safe as fuel add options. This sim makes pit stop easy to plan, manage and execute vs having to struggle with menu navigation/keyboard/mouse while driving on a motion sim rig... nice work RRE!

• Like Like x 2
  4. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Interesting... While my tyres are being replaced, the motion rig goes up/down as if being on a jack. Loving those details!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Apparently, there is a lot about this sim I didn't realize. I'll most likely never experience a motion setup and R3E, hell multiple monitors seem to be a giant ask for me at the moment. But something like an analog gauge being disturbed by the car hitting a bump or going off the track is something I will pay attention to. I already noticed different languages in different countries. It is definitely a nice touch.

Something I noticed, is a slipping clutch if I attempt to shift a group 5 car too fast (as an example). I can hear the rev's building up, but the car's acceleration just stalls for a bit. The clutch eventually matches the fly wheel and the car resumes accelerating as normal. But feeling that sensation was an unexpected and welcome surprise. Before really getting into RaceRoom I played more forgiving console orientated titles, where you can shift an H pattern as fast as a DCT and get away with it. Try it with one of the manuals in RaceRoom and its slip city. It's kind of awesome, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1