I've had this game for about 5 weeks now all of sudden the game sounds are greatly demisnished

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dave967, Apr 3, 2020.

1. dave967

dave967 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've tried everything to no avail. I have Acc and other sims and they all sound fine but this one started losing its sound about 3 weeks ago ...What gives? anyone had this issue?

2. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    @dave967 Since all others are working fine ensure the settings within the game are set appropriately as you can fine tune how much of each sound is presented such as engine, tire, suspension, etc..

Also checking the Windows Volume Mixer after starting up the game and adjusting the game volume Crew Chief, TeamSpeak or any other audio running may help.

3. dave967

dave967 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I've tried all the possible in game adjustments. Gonna check the windows 10 sound mixer ..i even did the steam local files analyzer which finds 2 files missing then reinstates them to no avail!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Nothing has changed in the game re sound so it must be something on your end.

5. dave967

dave967 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    When all the other sims i have work fine its the game. Gonna Uninstall the game and reinstall it, see if that fixes it!

6. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    With respect, if it was the game we would have had more reports. I haven't seen anyone else report this as of yet.

7. dave967

dave967 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    lol, its 2 years old topic

9. dave967

dave967 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well its almost done reinstalling. If it works fine I’ll know a file somehow got corrupted, which does happen sometimes..

10. dave967

dave967 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok so after the reinstall I got the same thing. But I found out the game was defaulting my sound to my monitor speaker’s hence the diminishing sound. I guess during the reinstall the game could only see the monitor speakers in my windows sound properties in the control panel. I Changed the default back to my to surround sound speakers and the sound is back to normal. What's weird is all my other games automatically default to my surround sound speakers not my monitor speakers..

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The game doesn't see speakers of any kind, windows pushes sound to wherever you tell it. So it was always a windows issue.