Question "Jean-Baptiste Raymond de Lacrosse" dodgy lap on Spa GT3 Leaderboard

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I was driving some laps on Spa Francorchamps with the GT3s and I noticed some guy who was way quicker than everyone else. Ok, maybe it's Julian Kunze's little brother, I thought, until I loaded his ghost (which you can just about see in my poor quality video):

Maybe I don't drive the best line, but look at that acceleration from the ghost car! His lines are also way off throughout the lap, always braking at weird points and not using the track.
    For the purpose of this video I used wing 1 and my pedals work fine. Is there a Bentley with Formula Raceroom engine that I haven't found yet in the store? Or is it possible to cheat? o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't look like a cheat to me. What might be the case (I don't know for sure but it could be) is that he didn't take the normal route through the last chicane before starting his lap but used the run-off area on the right of the final corner to gain additional speed before starting the lap. Then he just takes a wider line through turn 1 and therefore has the upper hand accelerating down that straight.

Does he pull away on Kemmel if you don't mind the lap but just try to stay close to him?

Plus you seem to be shifting a bit late, optimal shifting point, especially downhill, would be when the rev counter turns green, not when it turns red.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. Polo16V

Polo16V Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    That acceleration looks cheated :eek:

4. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    what I see is what I do at the top 180 degree corner I try to make it as wide as posible to have more speed in and coming out of it same is for the chicane before start finish take it the right way and use as much run of area coming out as track limit allow and it give you more speed earlier on the straight coming up to the 180 degree corner. So there is no acceleration cheat only thing I see is he just push on the track limits as much as he can.. ;) fair and square ;)

Edit:...
    Try and take the chicane on a higher gear and speed than you want too and keep even speed between 80-120km/h thugh the chicane depending on what car you have speed is different.. and don't gear down untill you are thrugh if needed then accelerate going thrugh the gearup toward the 180, make car more stable thrugh the chicane before start finish and give you more speed/acceleration. it's a fine balance but once you find it, you will improve vastly
    And as Christian said change gear on green going down hill ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Ehm guys no offense but I was not asking for driving tips. I finished 2nd in the prequalifying for TCOne and won several hotlap competitions on this game as well as two big leagues (TPS and Virtual Racing). Yes it is possible to drive this track faster for sure, and my driving style and setup isn't optimized. But not in the way this guy is driving. There is no way.

Here is a video of a full lap of this guy. Don't focus on me, focus on the ghost and the ridiculous lines and braking points. Like braking 50 metres early in Les Combes, or braking in the middle of the road into Pouhon and also way too early. Or braking TWICE in Campus. Or never using the track at all. I gain probably 2 car lengths in the section Les Combes to Bruxelles. And even more in the final corner, just look much I close in. But on the straights I get destroyed.
    Also remember that GT3 have fixed gear ratio and you cannot adjust fuel in Leaderboard.

For my part I am convinced that this guy found a way to exploit this game which makes me quite sad...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    OK fair enough you use the track real good and it seem he doesn't even use all of it and still get around a lot faster, I havn't driven the bently more than couple times havn't figgured that car out yet ha ha... but I'll will try out Spa with it and see how I do compared to you guys... think it'll be a disaster :p

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well sorry Robert, don't know what you expected as an answer. You asked about the acceleration and I commented on what I noticed in that video you posted first. This was just my innitial reaction/feeling about what you showed and to me that didn't seem like it was totally unrealistic or only achievable by cheating. This doesn't mean that I'm right or that it is impossible that sb might have found a way to abuse the game in any way, willingly or by accident (using overclocked hw that impacts the time taking f.e.).
    I'll have a look at that ghost myself and I'll ask Georg or sb else from the office to do as well. And if there's any indication that sth's not right with that time they will surely take the necessary steps.
    Anyway, thanks for pointing this out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    It's all good, I am not offended by it. I guess I should have posted a full video first. But I hope after driving against it or watching the 2nd video you can see that there is something fishy going on. Which was the point I was trying to make, I wanted to report a possible exploit.

I think you can even drive this laptime legit, maybe @Flamedphoenix or @Alexander Dornieden can give it a go and beat it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I can't rap my head around the bentley, I got no problem driving the Nissan on the right side but can't get it to work in the bentley ha ha ha :p But follow the ghost I got to agree sometging is fishy, can't get the bentley to accelerate like that no matter what I do. Keeping up the same speed as he to the 180 curve at the start/finish, then around corner going downhill he just take of and no way to keep up ??

10. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I also saw this laptime a few weeks ago and i was thinking the same as robert said....for me its impossible to drive a 2:13.xxx with a GT3 car on this track.

This lap from me was not that bad i would say ( only a little mistake in the last chicane) and i did a 2:15.490...i think kunze did a 2:15.0xx so yeah...a 2:13.xxx is hard to believe

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hey Christian, instead of criticize Robert you can easily accept his notation. If you have ever driven a lap like on Robert's level you know what he's talking about. Really Mr. Göpfert, everywhere and everytime you think you know it better!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Chris got a kinda warning sign connected to his avatar which says "Maladjusted Agitator" - little late to complain now....:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What's your problem exactly, Jan? In that bit you quote I even said that I might as well be wrong, so I don't really get what makes you think that I think I know anything better... You know you don't have to read my comments if they annoy you so much, right?

And how did I criticize Robert? Again, what I did was giving my opinion, how it looked to me, on a video that shows a few seconds of two cars going down s/f on Spa and then taking two very different lines through turn 1. That's why I asked what happens after that down Kemmel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Christian, easily said Lacrosse is impossible to drive with the Continental. The main question of this thread how he's done it. Seems he gained all the time during the acceleration, but even with a max top speed setup it's impossible.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, and I said that we're going to check this. But from the info/video Robert gave in his first post it wasn't all that clear and didn't look like it must have been achieved by cheating. That's all I said.
    Having had a look at that users profile he certainly isn't a one-timer. He's been a registered user since 2013 and has multiple lb entries. The interesting thing is that his average position is #1, so he's either super fast or found a way to achieve times nobody else can achieve legitimately.

Sorry if me commenting and giving my personal view pisses you off somehow, but I won't stop doing so, so if you despise me/my writing so much, just click on my profile name and in the pop-up hit ignore, then you won't have to see anything written by me anymore.

EDIT: So after having had a look at that time, I'm still not sure. I managed to stay closer to him down that straight (with a ridiculous setup and not taking the final chicane regularly, going onto s/f on the grass and thereby "cutting" the chicane) but he still gained on and passed me. Looks suspicious, but I hope at least most of you understand that in general I personally lean towards giving everybody the benefit of the doubt, in dubio pro reo. As long as there's no irrefutable prove of sth dodgy going on, I won't pass judgement and look for possible explanations rather than yelling "cheater".

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  16. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    I did the low 2:15min with the corvette and in my opinion the bentley is faster than the corvette. How much I dont know cause I only gave the bentley a try on nurburgring VLN. But sadly I dont have time at the moment to give this track-car combination a serious try in the next days. Maybe next sunday...

17. DubZ

DubZ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    well... I just did have a look on the first video and this was enough to be pretty sure that this is a cheat/bug/exploit/whatever but everything else than normal ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Any chance there is a loophole on physics?So,he swapped GT3 physics file with Formula RR2 or LMP? That will justify better acceleration and more top speed...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Glad, I give a damn about Leaderboards (I mean, honestly guys). Not alone that at Virtualracing (and surely at other Leagues too) there are a bunch of drivers who can easily compete with the Top 5 but rarely or never do it and personally I'm mostly faster under Racing Conditions with low fuel and a car I properly warmed up myself (being a Top20-50 driver in average and with fav. cars).
    So actually it's just a kinda advertising "Ego Grid" which is also not very representative in terms of real racing skills as well...
    Better to take it not that serious generally ;)
    and to be honest it also should not be used in any way for official competitions - the real competition should always happen where it belongs : On the track ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. DubZ

DubZ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Fairman interesting statement.. ;p so a hotlap is not "on the track"? Hotlap is for me the same like a Qualifying before a race. Only difference is that in a quali you just have xx minutes.

But that this bug/cheat... could also be used on multiplayer you havent thought about this...

• Agree Agree x 1