Released June 2016 Patch

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Nataniel Carvalho

Nataniel Carvalho New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And when the time section ends and the driver has opened the turning? he will be able to complete the lap. and another thing, I see that we have a bug in lap times in pratice and Qualy, you are aware of that.
    I see the guys from Assetto Corsa work with track temperature, ambient temperature and affecting the performance and grip of the tires, which the sector3 plans for that, thank you guys, I'm virtual pilot raceroomers of Brazil

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Me :oops:

3. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Really useful feature the "Garage".Can we hope for wet weather Soon™?

4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    This means: no more abandoned cars on the grid?

5. Michi

Michi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You all want wet Darkness ?

Watch your Pants :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Everybody want wet conditions and at the end the cry for more grip :confused:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. SickwititHD

SickwititHD Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Good Stuff!

8. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    No grip problem here....

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Holla

Really I don't talk like that.

But let's get to the heart of the matter. Apparently I need those Fanatec Pedals ASAP.

With the garage phase in place, I'm curious if we will see the return of multi player manual race starts ... Where you can false start if you start too soon. That would be a nice immersion feature.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice if they just stayed out of the race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Not for this moment but wait een see wen you are on a wet survis

12. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the patch!

13. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Far i know you're not Join the race and dropped to the race menu. Ghost cars or something like that stops with the new garage Phase.

Wrong Information

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  14. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    In dedi there will be a setting you can set for non ready players. It ranges from 0 to 120 seconds.

If 0 (by default) player will be put on grid as usual. If you set it to e.g. 60 the player will start on pit and will have 60 seconds of delay before they can start driving out of the pits.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Just a question, will it be possible to join the server during this set meantime before the race or will it be closed after qualifing session?

16. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Yes, rain and darkness are still a must! But for this feature R3E needs a dynamic track surface solution at first!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Marco Massarutto from Kunos once told a very revealing story - ignore the Kunos tag, the story really holds an illustrating truth for just any race sim and its community:

When they did netKart Pro before they started on AC, they were bombareded with requests to have rain added to the game. They finally added rain, in the update that included that hillclimb Trento-Bondone. But then they checked the server statistics, and after some time had passed they could see in clear numbers that most people tried the rain conditions once, maybe twice - and the never again. People gave praise to the rain, and everybody wanted it - but after some short time already the overwhelming majority of users never touched it again.

I can easily imagine why this is so, because: I am one of those players who tested it just one or two times, and not more. It was a nightmare of a difficulty level, and my cars were all over the place. :D I did not consider that to be entertaining. Or my driving was just too bad. Probably both.

In real world, drivers prefer dry conditions to wet conditions, easily.

I think people read too much into weather in sims, or not. Its a nice eye candy thing, agreed, but I would say that proper temperature simulation (ambience, track surface, tyre surface and tyre core) are much more relevant for creating the "perfect" sim.

I later suggested for aC that they have cosmetic weather effects added, after Ac was released: several levels of fog and cloud density, this changes the cosmetics tremendously and gives completely new mood and atmosphere to the tracks: early morning, light fog and Nordschleife - that's the thing, man! In AC you can combine that with tuning the ambience temperature that will then affect track surface temperature as well. Rain i really do not miss. (They probably did not add it due to my input, i assume they had it on their to do list already before).

I suggest that S3 tries the same thing for Raceroom: have a slider added to change the visuals so to get the looks of fog and various cloud coverage settings, so to influence ambient light, and colour palette. Its not about physical functionality, but only atmosphere, looks. I imagine - as a coding layman :) - that this is far easier to implement than to also add a whole rat's tail of accompanying physics tweaks as well, with all the risks that holds. Keep it simple. Less stressful for team resources. More time-efficient. Still you get visually a big bang effect. Together with the 5 or 6 different times of day there are to race at, this would allow a huge combination of visual condition changes with, I image at least, relatively small workload. At least much less work I think than adding a full, physically correctly working weather engine that effects tyres, track conditions, grip, and so forth. The problem is: even if people get rain, they will not be satisfied, because then howling starts for "give us dynamically drying racing lines, wet spots in track sinks and dry tarmac on elevation!" It just does not end with simply adding "rain"!

In principle, the similar things could be said about night racing.

That are the reasons why rain and night races do not rank too high on my want it-list. Considering how rarely people will use them, they are hilariously cost-intensive (time, resources) to implement. The bang-buck ratio calculates badly, imo.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I liked the random rain in Race 07, but only because the strategy it brings, it made a nice variety to the races with pit stops for rain tires on occation.
    I would never freely choose to race in only rain..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    great news.
    but why would you announce a simple patch in advance? just release it when its done. every new thread anyway goes off topic in some general "we want more cars, tracks, new graphics, weather mimimimimimi"

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Btw. S3 first said release is on 14th, now it is "this week".....not complaining (well, just a little :) )....