Released June 20th Update discussion

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Did you check the button assignments? Rarely it can happen that those are screwed up after an update.
    When exactly did it get triggered, while driving on track or in the pits? If it happened while leaving your pit box, check the difficulty, pit limiter is active by default in amateur mode.
    They're aiming for September (with the usual reservation, i.e. if nothing unexpected happens, so give or take a couple weeks).

• Like Like x 1
  2. 3 im Wäggla

3 im Wäggla New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I actually thought that they want to release the WTCR pack in a few weeks due to that update yesterday So do we get GT4 cars before instead? I mean there must be something bigger than "just" Cayman liveries + maybe a new track, which are both of course welcome additions.

3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That'd be a slap in the face of those who bought the Cayman half a year ago and still wait for the skinpack. But I still have a tiny spark of hope.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Did anyone else notice the new Ranking section on the profile pages with the "Time Attack Division" entry? Is that now functional or just a preparation for future updates?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    You are right, it is called "Time Attack Lizenz" on my profile and the roll over states "Based on the last 10 results in ranked competitions". It only shows a dash as a result, but I hardly ever join competitions, so I certainly have less than 10 results.

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As far as I remember it is already functioning in the background but won't be updated for now. More information will follow shortly, but yes, it's another step towards a fleshed out ranking and licensing system.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    What I don't understand is, what do I need a Lizenz/Licence for in Time Attack? I thought it was intended for MP races, there I see the sense of a licence and ranking to match the players.

8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    There will be a time attack ranking as well.

The divisions you have been seeing in each leaderboard are per car / track combo. That's not very useful. So instead we're now bringing a ranking that will follow the driver and that you'll be able to filter in leaderboards. (show only drivers with a certain license, etc.)

It's still in testing and the push to frontend happened earlier than planned. I'll see to get it removed for now :p

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If you're referring to the size of the update, bear in mind that 3 tracks were updated and those files are rather big. Regarding WTCR, September isn't that far away, plus some people might want to waste a day or two vacationing in between. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I have money in my Steam wallet and would like to buy some content ! But with STILL no Lock To Horizon(LTH) i will just have to hold Off !
    R3E and rF2 both have content i'd like to buy and whoever comes up with LTH first will get my money !

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The key bindings on my side were still as before the Patch...

12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    It's strange how we want completely different things from the sims, LTH feels weird to me, it reminds me of this Merc ad:

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Lol, great video^^

But, VR without LTH is very unplayable. It's unnatural that the whole world is shaking and not the car (Note: in VR!)
    I don't know how it have to be on monitors.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I do not understand the content very well, is it a future licensing system for online championships type Simracingsystem integrated in Raceroom or only for time attack?

15. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    From what I understand it will be used for Time Attack only as a replacement to the current "Division" system. I don't know what planned outside of that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Guido Monjau

Guido Monjau Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    J-F Chardon, a few minutes after the maintenance, the buttons for HUD, seat adjustment and so on did not work anymore. The position indicator was also faulty.
    During the evening, these mistakes were gone by magic.
    Apart from sitting in the vehicle and accelerating, the game can be as good as nothing.
    If ACC is what it promises to be, many GT3 drivers will switch.
    Feels 3/4 of the players are GT3 riders ... will you know now where the problem is?
    Now I've let myself in for a long time on your snotty behavior.

You are well advised to make the game a real game instead of packing more content on a flawed basis.

Good day

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  17. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    read it again, slowly.

18. SimRacer

SimRacer Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    No problem !

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Nope..

20. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I only drive in VR and I never missed LTH. For me it feels just natural as is... weird stuff these different brain interpretation things...!:D

• Agree Agree x 2