Released June 20th Update discussion

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Christian Göpfert, poste: 153237, membre: 890"] Avez-vous vérifié les affectations de bouton? Rarement il peut arriver que ceux-ci soient foutus après une mise à jour.
    Quand exactement s'est-il déclenché, en conduisant sur la piste ou dans les stands? Si cela s'est produit en quittant votre case de stand, vérifiez la difficulté, le limiteur de pit est actif par défaut en mode amateur.

Ils visent septembre (avec la réserve habituelle, c'est-à-dire si rien d'inattendu n'arrive, alors donnez ou prenez quelques semaines). [/ QUOTE]

it was on track in real mode
    but that did not happen again today
    definitely a usb problem in my configuration

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Great job guy.
    Is it possible that letters on dashboards will be a little bigger 'cause I can not see is it tyres, fuel, gap or something else. Words should be a little biger because no time to read slowly. Mabye whole dash should be larger at all, not much.

Second, when race against AI, never hapend tat some of AI give up (engine, crash, etc). Every time everybody finshed and if I crash it could be game over for me.

Sugestion prototype season 1988 and 1991.
    INDY car.

3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I would recommend the following:

- If you're happy about the camera position in the car, then press '7' to cycle through HUD display modes. One of them will show the full data display on your HUD, making it always there at a good scale, no matter your camera angle.

- What I personally do is that I disable the rendering of the in-game steering wheel (not needed, I have a physical one and not using VR), then I "Adjust Seat Forward", "Adjust Seat Up/Down" using the bindable keys until the seating position feels natural for my monitor placement. Then depending on the car, if I see the real mirrors or not, I'll enable/disable virtual mirror.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Dear devs. Is it possible to give us a small tease for the next track like Zhuhai. A small détail...

5. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    I like and appreciate all the work you do with the updates but, please, give us some... meat. Rankings, licenses... you know, things that matter nowadays.
    Also, a small question. Is it possible to rent a server from S3 in order to host races? Like IRacing have. It would be nice to have series hosted on official servers. Maybe to add it to game portal?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    AfaIk that isn't possible atm.
    However, you can run a RR dedi on pretty much any server (that's capable of handling the load), there's no special setup or anything needed, not even Steam. All you need to run a server is the dedi exe.
    And with that in mind, it's probably better to look for a third party server hoster, cause even if they did offer server rentals they'd probably end up being much more expensive than a server you can rent elsewhere.

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I pay 10€ per month for a server. I can run anything i want on this and it's no problem to run 5 rr servers simultanously in the dedi on it.

8. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    If you have time to go through all the forums to find things you don't like, o_O you need to get a life:flushed:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I have a file called raceroom_me_complaining.txt where i add stuff too :p. In my defence the document is aready 3 months old ... AND IT PISSES ME OFF BECAUSE NOTHING HAS BEEN FIXED !!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Xon 3 you should have patience, three years ago many people asked for a slider for AI aggression ......... and it still didn`t arrive. Will it arrive?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This gives me hope for LTH :(

Not !

12. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Something to remember, is that S3 has very little say in what’s done or not. That my friend is decided by the publishers. Since RaceRoom Racing is paying the bills, they make those decisions. And we don’t really know their agenda. So, cut S3E some slack, drink a beer and some some weed. Because you and many others around here are stressing about something that none of us has any real control over. Life’s too short to sweat the small stuff. And by the way, in the grand sceem of things, it’s all small stuff.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Whoa... deep

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    You are right and I cut S3 every slack there is. But Raceroom Racing doesn't have a forum, so this is the place to be. And as one of their representatives assured he already is annoyed by me asking for news about certain liveries, they do read here obviously. A statement about their agenda would be nice, but I guess it is quite apparent what it is. Anyway, I gave up on asking for news, instead sit back and enjoy my beer while playing DCS ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You can always e-mail Raceroom directly with your reservations on their handling of things, I'm sure they appreciate any input from consumers with an open mind but changing a companies business plan is not always that easy.
    From the little information regarding Racerooms intentions and goals available, I would say that Raceroom are only interested in expanding their onsite/rental simulator business, while also expanding it's partnership with car manufacturers and bringing them to the e-sport arena. On the flip side of this we get the cars from said arrangements, to drive in our bit of the Sim. It's unfortunate that our Sim plays second fiddle to Big Brother but Raceroom pay the bills and I'd much prefer the finances were stable in the volatile, niche market of Driving Sims than letting J-F Chardon loose with the cheque book! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    And who owns Racerroom ? Everyone has a boss lol called chain of command

17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    KW suspension guy Klaus Wohlfahrt (If I'm not mistaken)

18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Greg my new hero :)...wise words, actually good to apply for literally anything on this (more and more) mad planet. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Let's stick to the original :D :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings: