Just a reminder...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ::SKRO::, Mar 2, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Please guys try to include a fix for the mini-freeze happening when a player joins during quali (practice as well but no big deal there, who cares...)
    It's a pain when your lapping fast and then you lose control cause of that :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yeah, big yes!

...I seemed to notice it less last night...no idea why.

3. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    thats true:confused:

4. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I think I stated a while back in another thread the way Simbin did with that. They had a system lock out in qualifying to prevent people from joining, doing so kept it from micro stuttering. But in our case the sessions are very short so its important to have people to still join during an on going session to increase grid size.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Just odd that it would cause that...or that it is not fixed/optimized...since then

6. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Also I think they implemented the ability to keep cars from loading until you were pitted in the options menu. Old habits I guess.

7. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I've always been not a huge fan of the Booking system in AC but I had to admit it worked out for this kind of thing... then of course it was a double sided weapon cause joining a server was almost like catching the bus at the very last minute.
    That's also why the no-booking system was the pick for the majority afterward (back then... I don't know what's going on there atm)

8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this was totally the reason for my poor qualifying spot in last night's race :confused: o_O

Yes, Please fix, it definitely feels like a bug rather than something to just live with. You have to hope when the game comes back to life you are still on track and all is well.

• Funny Funny x 1