Just want to applaud S3S for the last pic on fb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, May 6, 2016.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

One thing that I think is truly admirable and that you should be prised for, is that you even include car ads for other racing games on your cars, just to be true to the real liveries! :kissingheart:
    Really shows your true nature and dedication to the development and the sport!
    Something that I think all other devolepers is lacking, or wouldn't think of doing in their own games..
    Respect! :)

• Like x 10
    • Agree x 3
    • Love it! x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Well, Gran Turismo isn't really competition to RaceRoom, since they use different platforms (PC and PS4)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hehe, I've noticed the GT-Banner, too. To be honest, I wondered a bit, as there are some other cars that have the same Banner in real live, but not in R3E - the No.17 Schubert Z4 for example.
    But really nice to see the Frikadelle-Livery in R3E :) And a lovely pic, for sure.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I know, but have you seen any other developers using ads showing other games?

5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Actually found some other liveries with GT ads on them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    On a sidenote, I would like it if they would move to consoles once they are done with their project plans for PC, and the content list has been completed. It would allow me to move further away from Windows, which i only need as a game-launcher anymore (Windows 7 here): Microsoft has seriously pissed me with their Get-Windows-10-nagware attacks and system hijacks, so I followed their recommendation and switched my operation system: I am now on Linux Mint for anything but game-launching. Will never go back to Microsoft.

To have Raceroom on PS4, would be interesting for me, therefore. Its also the reason why I am now closely following how Assetto Corsa will do on consoles, if the conversion has been done well and without losses from PC, its an argument for me to indeed go deeper into consoles. And they promised that it will be the same sim, same physics, same driving on consoles, like on PC. But there you have it: if Raceroom would go consoles, it really needs to be converted without losses from the PC version. And I think that is possible. Harddware-wise, AC is more demanding than Raceroom, and if Kunos managed to finally get it running with HD resolution at 60Hz, then you can do that with Raceroom's older engine as well, I would expect.

Anything allowing me to leave Windows completely behind, is welcomed by me now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, good luck with that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    :-D only reason I built a PC with Windows (10) was R3E.. and some other minor reasons.. I come from PS4 and played project cars on it with wheel (T300 GTE) but problem on console is that there are mostly kids in the online lobbys that want to crash and ruin everyones race. So I moved to PC, but since I only had a Laptop with Linux Mint I had to build a new one.
    And for me I can say that I will never get back to PS4 because of missing functionality with several "toys" I learned to love in Sim-Racing. My experience with Project cars on ps4 compared to project cars on PC is, that you have a different FFB sensation (with the same wheel). On PS4 it feels not so much detailed and good... and I truly doubt that Assetto Corsa will be the "same" like on PC... maybe that's why they will take another 3 month for the console version now.

Tbh, R3E on consoles could be good to generate more paying people and "save" the future... but you can also mess it up in a second. Since there are mostly casual gamers on consoles, I don't think it's worth the work and energy ... remember that licensing fees for PS4 (and xbone) are a thing, every update you push to your customers must be payed, will be revisited by M$ and Sony and probably can be rejected.. so more work again and more costs (happened some times with project cars updates and M$).
    So no easy fast hotfixes for bugs like on PC. And since R3E will likely never be finished due to new racing cars etc every year, you have to constantly update 3 platforms instead of one... but will the console guys still buy the R3E stuff in some years or will they move on to other games faster? What if the PS4 lifecycle ends and PS5 is coming? Then it starts from the beginning.

Long story short: I just don't think you have the proper audience on consoles for a title like R3E that justifies the triple workload.

• Like Like x 1
  9. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Frikandelli Racing is my favorit team on VLN with Patrick Huisman, Sabine Schmitz and Klaus Abbelen

this car comes to RRE....?????

10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Frikadelli Racing is actually a thing apparently..

This is amazing.

11. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I just realized, that we don't have this livery in a game right now (at least it's not available in store).

So is this a teaser for upcoming VLN pack? :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    AC on consoles will give us some education what could be expected if PC racing sim goes consoles, and what not. Technically, a latest generation console can easily handle the physics calculation of Raceroom, since it also can handle that of AC, which most likely are significantly more complex, and most people do not run cockpit cabins in their living rooms or triple monitors, but simply a wheel that can be plugged and unplugged easily, and when they do not play, they store it under the table. Like I do.

The difference is that AC as a high-end physics simulator is currently unique on the console market, there is no racing game on consoles comparing to AC's sophistication in this regard, not PC and not GT and not Forza or any other, while Raceroom is closer to the need of competing more directly with the likes of Gran Turismo and Project Cars, which already have a strong community and customer base established on consoles. I think this alone is the really serious question that must be answered if considering whether or not Raceroom is converted for consoles. For itself, technically, I see little problem, no problems that others do not already have solved.The question is whether or not Raceroom has a market niche on consoles that others have not already seized.

Well, just dreaming, and only due to Microsoft having pissed me beyond repair.

13. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    What GT / Polyphony Digital needs is to hire Sector 3 to work on their Audio...wouldn't that be something:D

14. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Please Sector 3 can you tell some more information about the frikandelli porsche..??

:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The GT banner came with the livery licensing. Even other games that licensed VLN liveries generally also get the GT sponsor on the windscreen. It is not like S3 advertising other people's game, it just they took a screenshot of the car with a GT banner.

Really nice screenshot though.