International Justrace is now Online

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jul 18, 2016.

1. tobias.schlottbohm

tobias.schlottbohm Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    True!

So well - does this one help?! (skip the intro => jump right to 1.34m!)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

So today we will do our first test run of the Weekly Event! You are welcome to join :)

It will be DTM 1992 @ Zolder tonight @8PM CEST! Practice and Qualify session will take each 30 mins, race session will be 40 mins.

If you'd like to join, please subscribe by clicking on the steering wheel as shown below :) And vote too ;)

upload_2016-8-18_18-31-37.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Best for kickstarting this would be if Communities/Leagues like VR and Simracing United would directly implement your system for their own leagues and events - so that we as the drivers/users have to take it right from the beginning.....

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Would really like to have the ability to add our own servers and events to this platform, would make this a must for any league and drop in events, great for visibility

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    It is funny that you wrote this because:

1. The software that VR are using is all written by Justrace guru @tobias.schlottbohm :D
    2. And as we wrote in our KickStarter, we will be doing all the League goodies that Tobias did and incorporate it in Justrace

This means that Justrace will soon be open to any community that wishes to use its services, where one of them is League Management ;)

upload_2016-8-19_12-34-59.png

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi!,

Like I mentioned in my previous post, what you said is all coming to Justrace ;)

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Then I will have to become a backers don't I :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    As VR member/driver I used Tobi's previous software until they had to restructure Portal and Forum - just wondered there's nothing officially announced at VR (except for the "Alpha" announcement like here) - but on the other hand I don't know what's going on behind the curtains...;)

9. tobias.schlottbohm

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    How I am supposed to interpret that?

And yes - besides custom server and maybe adding support for Project Cars the next big thing will be private league management which actually shouldn't take that long cause we have a solid base to build on :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Just like it stands there : I don't know what you talked about inside VR with Administration, what your common plans are...:)

11. tobias.schlottbohm

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok.
    Well...as we will start adding private league racing very soon...yep, some things are going on behing the scenes. But don't be too opimistic o_O

In any way, private league racing will be coming soon - we hope that ppl will find it helpful! :cool:

So please, if you alreaady didn't, support our kickstarter campaign. Stefan&me spent the last half year on justrace and we'd like to see it continue to evolve but without your support, it won't.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Done :) Hope you guys reach your target and can continue this great project !

• Like Like x 2
  13. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. tobias.schlottbohm

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot! :cool:

I'd like to add that we're not sitting back, just waiting for the KS to reach the target...maybe we gotta underline that the KS campaign will fail if we do not reach our target; in that case, we won't get anything which would be kind of disappointing.
    But please note...our motivation really comes from building a nice platform - nevertheless, it'd be helpful, if we don't have to also pay all the infrastructure which is needed for such a platform. TBH, we're not asking for much...:oops:

So, regarding the next things on JR: integration of your own servers should be ready within this week, investigation about adding project cars is running also and yes, the concept around private league management is nearly finished and we should have some sort of preview at the beginning of september...:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  15. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think you should 'cos I don't know if everybody fully understands that these Kickstarter campaigns are an "all or nothing" deal. It would be a real shame if it would fail because of people's misunderstanding that it's going to happen anyway, even if you guys don't reach your target.
    And -if forum rules allow it- I wouldn't hesitate either to bump the campaign regularly in this (or any other -relevant-) thread as long as it's running. Of course you're not in it for the money, but you are trying to "sell" a great idea/project. And the higher the visibility of your service/product, the higher the chance of making a sale :)

No, you're not. And as we say in Flemish: "only the sun rises for free"

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  16. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Maybe should you go for indiegogo, rules are different, you get to keep the money even if the goal is not reach (you choose the kind of campaign you want)

17. tobias.schlottbohm

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Tonight, there will be the first official weekly event with DTM92@Zolder. :)

There's more info about weekly events here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Wrong choice of Track (specially) & Series (okay,but not one of my favs).... ;)
    I wait for the next round..

19. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    We did not choose the track and cars but the community did! :) That is one of our philosophies....we build everything around you ;)

So, if you haven't already, head over to the Weekly Events page https://www.justrace.net/WeeklyEvent and vote for your favorite combo to be used next week ;)

We will also enhance this feature so drivers can vote for the day of the week or add extra events for different days.

P2 @ Suzuka and Tatuus F4 @ Motorsport Arena Oschersleben are the top 2 at the moment..

upload_2016-8-26_9-2-23.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    supported the campaign, hope you can make some noise on some simracing news site as well

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1