Keyboard shifting up/down with same key

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by José Reis, Jan 17, 2021.

1. José Reis

José Reis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi!
    Please don't judge me: yes sometimes I find usefull to race with keyboard as the only controller! ^_^
    I remember to play GP2 in the 90's and there being able to use one only key to shift up and down, usually the spacebar key. That worked this way: if you are pressing the accelerator key, and simultaneously pressing the "shift-changing-key" (spacebar or whatever your choice is), car would shift UP. If, on the other hand, your are not pressing the acceleration key, then pressing the spacebar would DOWN shift.
    I consider this not a must have, but would free one more finger from cramps! LoL

What you guys think?
    Loving the game so far! Congrats to the whole production team and community!

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    No that's not possible. You might instead make use of automatic transmission when playing with keyboard for your finger's sake :) another option would be mouse steering. Never tried myself, but like the name says, you steer by moving the mouse left and right. In addition it should be possible to assign shift up and down to the two mouse buttons.

Oli