Resolved Kick/Ban system ón the dedi - How to?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by keanos, Apr 9, 2019.

1. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Is there already a How to of the new Kick and Ban system?

Okay I know what a kick means, but how long will this kick last?

Is a player who has been kicked from the server automatically been banned on the server?

If yes, how long? For this session? For a day/week/month/forever?

Is there a editable banlist/blacklist somewhere?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have the same question. But from the looks of it I'm gonna find a answer. Doesn't seem to work as it is now but I don't know if I'm doing it right.

3. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have used the kick ban system quite a bit, a kick removes them from the server but they can rejoin immediately,so no time limit, a ban is permanent but can be revoked by the server owner at any time

4. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So its as easy as clicking the button..I have discovered other issues like the server freezing up at the end of a race. Perhaps they are related..... a few more hours looking for a solution.

5. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Apart from the lost of server settings when that ip is reset. and that is a on going problem, x fingers then next update will solve that, I tend to have 4 or 5 servers running and they are rock solid; even with 3 full, I do host them on a separate machine now; used to use my main PC and was still rock solid, good luck sorting yours

6. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have played on your server(s) never had a problem except maybe ping. I'm only trying to run one server on a separate PC, it only has 4gigs of ram. I'm wondering if it's enough...I could steal 4gig from my gaming rig but then I would only have 12gig in it. Haven't run into any IP issues. Also wonder if synergy software is a issue. Lots to do now. I'll post what happens later.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for giving my servers a try; slowly getting some names popping up regularly; the more that has happened the less shall we say idiots causing issues, not to say I do not cause the odd crash myself ;);) you will always be welcome

8. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I`d like to see the ability to prevent DQ drivers from re-entering the game at all. ATM if they`re DQ in practice/quali they can just come back in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    tried disabling fire wall, anti virus, other suspect software, stole 4 g of ram from my wifes machine (shhhhh) with no luck.
    but by using the hidden admin account in windows every thing seems to work as it should. perhaps its a permissions issue IDK