Bug Kicked out after qualy and lost a lot of rating and safety.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Han Yolo, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Han Yolo

Han Yolo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

First of all I have no idea where to post this issue. I would like to question if there is any possibility to erase my race where I lost a lot of Rating and Safety Rating, the thing is that after the qualy i´ve been kicked out, without any reason, from the server but seemed that my car was still there at race. I dont have ussually connexion problems and it is very frustrating to suffer that issue.

I post a image of the race, thanks for all your efford for making the best simracing community,

Yours farthfully.

Charles R.Ferro.
    upload_2021-7-25_15-45-0.png

Attached Files:

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, unfortunately it happens. The way the rep system works, after quali ends, it always penalizes you for disconnects as if it was intentional - because there's no way for the server to know if it wasn't. Otherwise it could be exploited like throttling your own connection to make the server kick you and get less penalty.

If there was some obvious extraordinary incident, like if the server kicked everyone, that might've get some attention from the devs but if it's one person, I doubt it.

I don't like that this "full penalty" period starts right after quali ends, because what happened to you is not that unusual. There was even a thread or two about that, to move the full penalty period a bit further, so that it doesn't penalise people who didn't even get to the race phase because the disconnect happened after quali.

3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar thing (allready reported, but i don't think they will do anything...).

Monza, Quali was over, timer for the race start was down to 5 seconds or so, game freeze, had to open the task manager to leave the game. Thing is, ALL drivers got 3 penalty points for disconnect, but ALL drivers also lost or gained positions? How's that possible? I've lost 2 positions (in a race never happend) and gained 0.4 rating. Normaly you loose 30+ points in a disco. But i've lost over 9 reputation points, what is massiv! I will need arround 20 races to get the reputaion back to before. This needs to be fixed, that was clearly a server problem. Please anyone...

Bild1.jpg