Knowledge: How to enter a race

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Nash Bobo, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey! Where can I find Info about entering a Race? I got the free cars & tracks & a beginner. Give me some beginner advice. How the system work? Point me to the info. How's the System work?

Nash

2. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    nashboboini1.png
    Start here for #1 is to race the AI
    #2 Is to race online/ Multiplayer

nashboboboini2.png
    This #1 is to race 1 race against AI

nashbobo3.png
    This #2 is to race online /Multiplayer make sure to click the circled for RANKED

Attached Files:

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Larry thanks for writing. I can't figure out what am looking at. Its hard to read on my 19' monitor. Black print on dark gray back ground. Looks like some kind of clubs, check marks at the top other than ranked. Add to favorites? Some little red box in the upper right corner. Server Information, search, Show, driving assists. Does RR feel that everyone should know this and how to use it. I do race some with Artificial intelligence and practice with my Canhard R 51. I did download RR .PDF files. I better read.

Nash

4. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Nash Bobo If you left mouse click on the images I sent to you here they will expand and you can read them easier

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    nashbobo3.jpg
    Hey Larry! Davy Jones's in his 8/25/19 Youtube video "Getting started with Raceroom Installation, settings, controls, Store & vRP explained" does a good detail job of RR. I look at a lot of sim racing videos to learn. I have worked with those pages you sent before, because Davy and others at Youtube explains them petty good. If the new people have not seen it, look at it. It has a lot of info about RR. But I see Pages not explained.
    In the first on the left. (I think) a name of a club "Europe # 2". over to the right " the track name", classes, can't read the next right column next to classes, but there is a " R" below it, What the "R" mean? Race time, below it a number 10? What's the 10 mean?, PNG I think? what that mean? "playing" 15/28 what's that? What the red bottom below braking? Whats that about? Below that, a green bottom "Add to favorites". in the web page I pulled up on site. What does that info below it trying to tell the drivers. Did not know we had a favorites folder. When I click on Europe # 2, RR leads me to the livery page. There it willn't let me go any further after I pick a car. Just don't have any info how this page works or what it means. Does this page "picture above" have a name for Identification? What do you call it? What is "refresh server list" about? Some of this stuff I can't find in Google or Youtube or even RR.
    Nash

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The column is called "Session", you can see whether the server is currently in Practice, in Qualifying or in a Race.

It's the race length in minutes.

It's your ping to the multiplayer server. The lower the number, the better is your connection.

There are currently 15 players on the server, and up to 28 players can join.

The button resets all the filter settings in the box to their default values.

You can add multiplayer servers to your favorite servers, so you can filter the whole list by your favorite servers.

When you refresh the server list, all of the information on your screen is being updated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey! I believe the top of the page is filters. Search, Show & Driving Assists. Please talk about the filters. Do not understand "Full" & "Empty". "Favorites". Is that Favorites Tracks or Cars in my Green button favorites Folder or what?

Thanks for having the patience with new people majuh.

Nash

8. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Full means races that have the maximum amount of players already. Empty is the opposite. Favorites is if you have added this type of race to the list of races you like, I have never used Favorites.

9. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Larry. Thank you majuh.