News KTM X-Bow eSport Trophy

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Well, there are more possibilities:
    • You are a handsome, good-looking guy with lots of friends at RaceRoom
    • You pay the highest price for the fastest laps
    • You threaten the other participants to drive slower than you
    • You are an insidious coder, who manipulates the whole www
    • You spent hour after hour to improve your skills and setup, learn the track and cars and show a lot of ambition
    • You are extraordinary talented
    And btw, there never was a man on the moon!

:confused:

Edit:
    Just to make clear, as it might be misunderstood.
    I don't believe there was manipulating, maybe I misunderstood the last but one post about fake.:eek:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. Alexander Dornieden

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    never go full retard please....

4. Alexander Dornieden

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    while cryptic now as usual, I think his point is the way the competition works, he would prefer a single session just like real world qualifying. No ghost, proper tire wire within that hour or so, etc. So that it doesn't become an infinite grind to beat the clock etc.

actually he said it more clear early ;) https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ktm-x-bow-esport-trophy.6667/#post-95569

Performance is the achievement with a given time limit. We don't care what time an athlete would run in his free-time/ training, but we care if they have the physical and will power at a fixed point in time. Which is very typical to "sports", that you have a time limited pressure scenario in which you must be able to use your skills.
    I wouldn't call the current fake, as that implies cheating for most, but it's definitely a fair point, that an aspect that is crucial to "sports/competition" is missing a bit, and would add some more jitter, as "daily" performance etc. plays a greater role.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    yep be nice to get a 20 minute session and thats it full wear , you bin the car thats it , no reset button ,no jumping back to pits etc
    unless its a long track , then for nords make it 40 minutes

once done you cant rejoin the competition until next round (even if you have X time left)

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    First of all I would like to thank S3S for doing this competition and Im really proud to achieve the victory in the ktm competition.
    If you want to compare your daily Performance to others, @pixeljetstream, feel free to join a league. There are plenty of them (german, english, french). Hotlap competitions themselves are more like the ideal time with a car/track combination.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    the hotlap's competition have their own strength, as being less stressful to enter, everyone can easily participate etc., I don't question the mode's appeal, and to "win" you have to "work" very hard, just saying that I can see @SVG BIOSPORT 's point in wanting something different as well.
    You are right, league's are a great way for that, and I am looking forward to R3E's portal changes to get more of that under one easy to reach system or so. Due to "life" reasons I was only able to do a few races in a league, but looking forward to it in the future, it was very intense :)

9. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Deleted the last couple of messages. Please keep the discussion on topic, thanks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that way Simracing sounds a lot more dangerous than real racing LOL.

Guys be careful! Our hobby is a deathtrap!

Please note my sarcasm.