Released KTM X-BOW GT4

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Feb 21, 2017.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    That could because of poor corner exist speed caused by having traction control on!

Race with traction control off all the time and you will significantly increase your lap times
    Traction control will significantly slow your corner exit speed and cost you dearly on any straight
    The KTM does suffer a bit of lack of power to get to top speed but to counter that KTM responds well through the corners allowing you to get great corner exist speed. I find this car very balanced compared to the other GT4's

At the very most set your traction control to no more the 1%
    My traction control stages in my setup are set to 5%,4%,3%,2%,1%, 0%
    I race with 0 all the time but may switch mid race to 1% or in the worst case 3% if my tyres get a little worn and start loosing to much traction.

If you are finding that your are loosing traction on acceleration try reducing your rear rebound two steps and that will make a significant difference

My basic starting setup (starting with a default setup) is as follows
    • Reduce both the front and rear spring 1 click
      (gives more overall grip at the expense of some extra roll but you can ride the curbs easier)
    • Front bump +4 (stabilises the front countering the softer springs)
    • Front Rebound +2 (gives the car more front grip on corner exit)
    • Rear bump +4 (Stabilises the rear countering the softer springs)
    • Rear Rebound +2(only plus 2 to give more rear traction on corner exit)
    For most tracks I don't seem to need to do much more then that to make the car feel balanced and for the most part I can accelerate flat out of a corner without loosing rear traction with 0 traction control on. I may squeeze the throttle slightly on a couple of corners but most time it flat to the floor.

A little bit of tweeking the bumps and rebounds +/- 1 click to suit the track maybe needed but dang this car is well balance with the default set up

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Thanx to both of you, MattStone & Jona 777...
    I will test that...;)