Problem Lag/freeze/spike online races

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Martin93, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Hi, in almost all races, no matter what server and no matter what my ping is I get this lag/freeze/spike or whatever to call it, and normally on the start of lap 2 or 3. Like if im 1st with 2sec down to 2nd, then my screen suddently freeze and when it come back im 2nd 1-5sec behind, and as told it happend only in online, no matter what ping and no matter what server and always just 1time each race.

So when you check replay, then you see my car just stands still for a few sec before it gets going again and car behind me just drive through me. And from people I have talked it it's only me it happend to, so anyone here who have experianced this or know off someone who has? Since this is really starting to lose my intereset for online racing...

2. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Do you experience the same issues when doing a singleplayer race with a big grid?

Standard questions: are you running with updated video drivers, admin rights and allowed the game in your firewall and so on?

You could try to right click the RRRE.exe and set the CPU priority in Task Manager to "above normal" and see if that helps out.

Please post your PC specs here.

3. Martin93

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Not happening in single player, no matter how big grid I use

R3E is allowed in firewall, even run with entire virus program off one race, maybe not the smartest things in some ways but... had to check... And yes, everything is updated

Nvidia GTX 1060
    IntelR 7700
    16GB RAM
    Windows 10

4. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Are you using a wireless or wired connection?

5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Got the freeze too when someone pass the start line on begin of lap 2 (maybe not always, but often), but it doesn't change my position if I continue to drive (blindly) while the freeze. Had these since I play R3E, like join freezes.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  6. Martin93

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Im using wireless. But my ping is always stable and the problem always happends att the same time if it happends. Always when someone pass the start/finish line in one of the first laps, start of lap 2-3.

And It's pretty much the same as ChatCureuil says, but for me when it freeze I do lose a position and many secs since when you see replay file then my car stands still and the car behind just drive through me

7. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    When you're using wireless ping might be good but there might still be data lost. I'd try with a cable and see if the issue goes away. It's easy to check after all and a likely issue.