Resolved Laps won’t register + huge delay

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Guyon Branten, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Guyon Branten

Guyon Branten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

I’m encountering some problems with Raceroom after reinstalling it on my new PC.

Every time the game has to switch from a menu into the actual game (from the garage to ‘drive’, pressing pause and continue, pressing ‘restart’ etc) the sound starts to repeat itself (like it’s freezing) and after about 45 seconds the game starts to run like normal. Or at least partially normal. My sectors/laps won’t count and it won’t display any message when I cut the track or hit a barrier, so there is no way for me to know if the lap is going to count or not (this however does display in online races) I tested this on multiple tracks, making sure I didn’t cut or hit anything, but to no sucess. My laps just won’t count (with the exception of 1 or 2 runs when it randomly decided to give me the green light to put a lap in haha).

It’s a very frustrating problem because the delay between the menu and being able to drive the car also caused me to miss the starting lights today at the Cupra eSports event, and I’m not able to improve my laptimes for the remaining of the leaderboard competitions. I tried reinstalling the game, running the 32 or 64 bit game, turning the ghost times off, not running a setup, removing the raceroom folder to let it regenrate and turning the graphics down (even though I’m averaging about 150fps on maximum 1920x1080p settings).

My specs are:
    Intel i7 9700k - 3,6GHz - 8 cores
    Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 Super Advanced Edition
    16gb DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz
    Gigabyte z390 Gaming SLI Motherboard
    MP510 M.2 480GB SSD
    650W SM Power Supply
    I’m also playing raceroom with a PS4 controller

I hope someone can help me solve this problem! :)

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Laps not counting for apparently no reason can be a symptom of an instable internet connection. Maybe you have a lot of packet loss?

3. Guyon Branten

Guyon Branten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply! I tested my Internet, but the speeds and connection seemed to be fine. After that I went on to check some other things, but as it turns out it was my Corsair K55 which messed the game up. I’ve been struggling with this issue for 1,5 weeks now, and I never popped to my head that the keyboard could be the source of the problem. I can enjoy Raceroom again now!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Oxtar_

Oxtar_ Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I just pulled my VERY best on nordschleife too and even got the position message in game that now you are at the current position, laptime registered to replay as alltime best as it always BUT then it didnt register to leaderboard. And my internet connection is very stable 100/100 mbs connection.

Edit: Nevermind.. there was just a abnormal delay:)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019