Latest Accuforce

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clevername, May 28, 2016.

1. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have their AF "tuned" well and care to share their current settings both in Sim Commander and in-game? I'd like to get this dialed in a bit better.

2. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    clevername, When I look at the settings others use they do not work for me so I often wonder why mine are so different. And I'm speaking not only about the feel, but the noise some of those other profiles create thru the AF.
    That being said, I will share what I use. Thru the course of RR's development, and SimCommander upgrades (I'm using v4.0.0.51), I've needed to readjust my AF settings, sometimes radically.
    So... one of my profiles.

In SimCommander
    Game Force Feedback 100%
    I have used small amounts of Friction, Dampening etc. in the past but I'm ok either way most of the time.

Output Settings
    Wheel Mode : Default
    Overall Intensity: 100% (I'm lowering strength in game)
    Overall Smoothing: 0% (I use in game smoothing, but have tried it both ways so YMMV)
    DOR: Preference
    Stop Spring: 2%
    Stop Dampener: 0%

In Game:

GAME FORCE FEEDBACK SETTINGS

FFB Intensity: 1-100% - currently this is behaving like an on/off switch. o_O 0% = off/no ffb, any other number = on. I can not feel any change to the FFB using 1-100. If it is adjusting something I simply have not picked up on it. Love to have someone try my settings and tell me if they experience the same.
    Smoothing: 15% 25% - I use smoothing to lesson sudden violent jerking and quiet AF wheel noise. With higher torque I feel Smoothing is an absolute necessity.
    FFB Spring: 0 (simply my preference)
    FFB Damper: 0 (simply my preference)

STEERING FORCE SETTINGS

Steering Force Intensity: 40- 60% (This is where I control the overall strength/weight as I have it set to 100% in SC.)
    FFB Minimum Force: 0% (Increasing this in the past has added an unwanted jerkiness on some cars so I leave it at zero. I have yet to revisit this setting.)
    Understeer: 0% (I do not need this as I feel the wheel is already relating understeer very well without it.)
    Vertical Load: 40% - 100% (Vertical Load and Lateral Force are the two settings I think I adjust/tweak the most. Too high and some cars just have so much bounce it's annoying)
    Lateral Force: 50%
    Vertical Force: 0%

FORCE FEEDBACK EFFECTS

Slip / Engine Vibration / Kerb / Shift all set to 0%
    All of these effects are present without using these settings IMHO and if I turn any of these on I hear irritating harmonic sounds thru my wheel, so they are always set to zero.

My goal when making SC profiles for any title is to create something that works fairly well for most types of cars though I often have a heavier one for open wheelers than I do GT/Tintops.
    In RaceRoom it is easy for me to use a minimal amount of profiles as the cars overall FFB strength can be set individually/per car in the Garage Settings.

In the past, one of the most tedious parts of owning an AF wheel for me has been trying to determine whether a setting should be adjusted here, there or somewhere else. An example being general FFB strength... we have the Game FFB, the Overall Intensity and the FFB intensity within the game. I have felt as though I was chasing my tail at times trying to figure out which to adjust. After 1 1/2 years using it I now have simplified most SC profiles. My search for 'perfection' was actually pulling me away from enjoying my wheel and racing more so I have to be in the mood to tweak and explore these days, otherwise I am quite content.

So there's my take. If it helps great, if not, sorry. Be happy to share my Install n Drive files for both this and my previous settings with you if you'd like. I'd be curious if you get the same feelings and results.
    Bailey

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  3. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Interesting to hear Bailey's take on the chasing of the tail. I've felt the same in regards to where do I make my adjustments. Here is what I posted in another thread:

Really loving the GT3 Ruf in R3E lately. Here are my settings if anyone wants to give it a whirl:

SimCommander 4

Device settings

Responsive wheel mode
    Intensity 100%
    Smoothing 1.18%
    Degrees of rotation 540
    Stop spring 6%
    Stop damper 0%

Effects

Game FF 100%
    Game FF smoothing 1.57%
    AF fluid dampening 7.45%
    AF friction 7.45%
    Dynamic oscillation control stationary 100%
    Dynamic oscillation control moving 100%

In R3E

Advanced settings

Steering sensitivity 75%
    Steering dead zone 0%

Force Feedback

FF intensity 100%
    Smoothing 0%
    FF Spring 0%
    FF damper 0%

Steering force intensity 45%
    FF minimum force 0%
    Unde steer 35%
    Vertical load 100%
    Lateral force 80%
    Steering rack 50%

Slip effect 25%
    Engine vibrations 0%
    Keen vibrations 20%
    Shift effect 80%

I hope this helps. Let me know if you tweak it for any improvements, I'm always open for suggestions.