Launching a GT3 car - Race Start?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ndwthx1138, Mar 12, 2018.

1. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    So I've gotta ask, I am constantly qualifying in the top 5 online, but I'm passed every time in the beginning of the race in GT3 races. My reaction time is fine, and to the point if I race in a series that has a manually transmission I not only don't get passed I usually have an above average start to very good start.

On the GT3 cars, I drop the clutch (pedal), engage first gear then as the lights go green I ease up on the clutch while going from about half throttle to full. I get a little tire spin, but whatever other people are doing it's extremely better as the person behind me often gets more than a car length. I've tried dumping the clutch, simply engaging first gear from a high rev'ing neutral position, etc..

I've tried with various amounts of traction control as well. I do not have this issue in iracing nor assetto corsa where the starts I am generally very good at.

Can someone tell me what the standard is?

2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Use auto clutch and just put it in first and give it100% throttle before the green light.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Pedal to the Metal, that is the answer and with less camber you get more traction at the start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    There is an auto clutch start in online races. You can just put it in gear, rev up and wait for green with no clutch at all. I usually rev up to the point gear light turns on and then floor it when the lights go off.

• Informative Informative x 1