LCD displays in several cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pr3t3nd3r, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sector3!

First off all thank you for establishing this forum and wish your best with it! :)

I really enjoy this game but there is one thing that bothers me a lot. Car and track models are really good if not even perfect but what's all about the LCD displays in several if not all cars? If we take for an example ADAC 2013/14 class those LCD displays don't look as in real life. Are they a placeholder? Are there any plans to improve those displays and re-done them? I have also noticed same problem in the upcoming content like Cadillac CTS-V. It looks like you are using same LCD display structure for almost all cars? Is there any chance that you will be working on it?

Thank you for your answer and wish you all best!

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I seriously hope this question won't be ignored again...

3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

We agree that the data displays (LCD display) could use improvements and we want to also have more variety in our data display systems. This is something we want to look into at some point but unfortunately we don't really have a set target date for when this might happen.

Right now, as you mentioned, we are limited to few and it requires some work to improve and add more. More importantly we need to implement a better system for art to quickly make various amazing data display systems and put them on the cars. But we definitely want to do it and it will hopefully be soon.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your response Sonat! :)

There is no problem if there are/will be plans to improve LCD displays. I understand there are lots of things that need to be done before going to polish other things such as LCD displays. Take your time and don't hurry :) Good things need more time to be done ;)

Looking forward to your masterpieces! Now I am sure that you are truly worth of my trust and by that I will be investing in this game furthermore ;)

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  5. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Sonat Ozturk !

It's been a while since we talked about those LCD displays :) Are there any news related to this topic? :D
    It seems you are still using a placeholder for LCD's...any news would be really appreciated! ;)

Ty for your response and wish you best!

6. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi again,

It wasn't that long ago though. We honestly haven't done anything about the data displays yet. Other priorities come first for the moment. Not to repeat myself but improving this area is definitely in our to-do list.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Not really a top priority, imo. Could imagine other stuff being more important.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well it's still nice to see it's on a "to do" list :) I understand you have more important things to do right now so don't worry :) My wish is only making this game better and this is only one thing (not so important) that will make your game better ;)

Wish you all best with the game and content and looking forward to your stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    To be honest i wish those displays will be removed from historic cars like Gr5 classic. They just doesen't belong there IMHO...

10. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    historics have them?? one of the reasons i like the historic cars is the cockpits are individual to the car...& all analogue gauges that i remember, at least when appropriate

11. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Some of the historic cars have small LCD displays showing gear etc.

12. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Sonat Ozturk!

Is it still to early to ask for the progress? :)

I am thinking to invest some more money in it but I am still not sure what's the plan for the LCD displays. TBH it feels strange to me that LCD displays are same for several cars :(

Any news would be really appreciated! ;)

Ty and wish you best ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately we've got no progress on this so far. We have other priorities constantly coming in on top of what was already set and this is merely something on the wishlist at the moment.

• Informative Informative x 4
  14. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I am sorry to hear that :( But on the other side I am looking forward to what will you deliver to us ;)

Can you please tell me if LCD displays are still on the "to-do" list? What about the older cars? Will they be on the list? :)

Ty for your replies and wish you best as always ;)

15. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    With the new Audi TT cup I can see again that placeholder LCD display. Sorry but no more money from me. Not gonna pay for any placeholder content....not anymore!

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
  16. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Sure it would be nice to get some variety to the LCD displays or even the real life counterparts of the cars, and hopefully this is something that will be implemented at some point.
    But seriously!?. It's not really a game breaker.. . o_O

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    We are not talking about the game breaking bug or something but it is game play breaking feature for me. Since I/we have to pay for every new content it's ridiculous after such a long time we still have that nasty LCD display which is not even readable. I mean look at Mclaren Mp4 GT3. Can you even see what's on it? And I am afraid they will simply forget on the old content that we actually paid for it. That's why IMO it's not worth investing in this game anymore at this point. I just want to see what will they do with the old content. Will they give some attention to it or it will be "as designed."

As you can see from my first post it's been a while since I have asked them about LCD displays. Now the question is are they going for the quantity (and therefore for our money) or the quality? No wonder why all my friend quit playing this game...every single one that came to me and I wanted to present this game to them and all of them asked me the same question...what happened to that LCD display...and when I answered them it's a placeholder it was always the same answer...and they charge for it...good job. And when I start to smell some quantity pushing I know what's the point...our money! Every single (new) content has to be paid to play it. But TBH I can get more from other games by paying the whole DLC what makes the price of a single content here. And that's not acceptable if you are going to push content with placeholders!

So my point is not about the whining for the LCD displays. It's about the quality of the content...sure they have always delivered best possible quality but LCD display is one thing I am always aware of...it shows me all the data I need and therefore I can't see anything in some cars from it (single display user BTW) and it's something which is always in front of me!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Is what it is

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    funny your friends have very strange priority's. i haven't met a single person who has put 'lcd's are bad' down as a reason why they didnt like r3e. 80% of people say ffb and some 20% say business model.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    If they will think the same it's not gonna be a long future for them ;)