Bug Leaderboard or Nordschleife bug?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Beastux, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I had decided to have a Porsche 934 @ Nordschleife afternoon in the leaderboard and after doing the laps in the Tourist, VLN and Nordschleife variants, I had to finish with the 24H track.

Sadly, I have not been able to record a single lap, even if I did 5 or 6 valid laps without any cut track warning. I noticed that the HUD clock stopped working at different places on the track, even if I was right in the middle of the track. The last time I tried, it stopped working at the exit of Pflanzgarten 2 and I decided to go to the finish line but no time was recorded.

Yesterday evening, I was using the 962 @ Nordschleife (Nordschleife variant) and my lap appeared in the leaderboard several hours after I did it but there was the message giving the position at the end of the lap and the HUD clock worked until the end of the lap.

Any idea?

2. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    I tried Silverstone Historic Grand prix with the 934 and it also happened several times; the clock suddenly stops and the lap time is not recorded.

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    That reminded me of a problem i had a few times (although it wasnt on a leaderboard and i think only the clock of the in car display stopped working).
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/invalid-lap-without-going-off-track.13520/
    The only suggestion i got back then was that an unstable internet connection could cause such things which in my case is alwats possible as im using wifi. Maybe thats the cause but just a guess really

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Hi and thanks for reporting! Will try to reproduce at both tracks. A few questions that might help narrow down the error: Have you tried with another car? Can you rule out a bad internet connection? Are you using any web HUD?

5. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Hi Oli,
    I haven't tried another car for the moment. I was in a 934 day. :D
    I don't really know if the internet connection was perfect when I drove. I've just made a test right now and everything seems OK.
    The webhud I use is Sector3's webhud.

6. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Yes, maybe. I am using an ethernet connection but so many people are at home and use internet, it might be the cause.

7. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Just trying to get some clean 24h variant laps together in the 934 :) so don't look at my leaderboard time. 2 valid laps for now and no issues so far... I'm going to do some more laps. It's hard but fun.

8. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Yes, there are some sections which are great fun with this car. From Flugplatz to Aremberg, for example, or from Eiskurve to Schwalbenschwanz... But in fact, the whole lap is fantastic! :D