Problem Leaderboard time reset with each challenge

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by hallo1126, Jan 16, 2022.

1. hallo1126

hallo1126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why are leaderboard challenges not persistent for me?

It seems every time I make a new challenge, all my old personal bests are ignored at the end. I enter the challenge, see my old ghost, but the moment I complete a lap my old ghost and time get deleted. Today I decided to take it a bit slower on Raceroom Bridge during a session and look, I got demoted from my absolute best that I will probably not reach again at place 27 to place 131. You can follow my place on the website rankings, so it is not just local. How can that be happening?

I really hope this can be fixed AND my old best lap-time reinstated. I still have the playback file too and it hopefully is on some server backup because I really do not want to lose this particular time because it is of personal importance to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Can you link to your ingame profile

Andi

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Are you using different cars? There are separate leaderboards for each car.

4. hallo1126

hallo1126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the fast response, here: users/hallo1126 (I am not allowed to send links yet it seems so I cut the front part off)

I am very sure, because I have been driving nothing than the DMD P20 since I started this game, and this is the only car I have been entering challenges with. I want to master one car before I move on to more.

5. hallo1126

hallo1126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also took this screenshot of the ranking table as further proof that this is what I am talking about. You can check my current ranking to see how far it dropped after I did that slow-session.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    That seems like a bug. Could you try to disable the raceline? I think they changed something in the last patch there, maybe it's related to that.

7. hallo1126

hallo1126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have no problem to help debugging this, however I would really like my personal problem fixed. As a developer myself I know that backups on servers usually don't last forever

8. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  9. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Hello @hallo1126 , can you attach the MWtransport log file from that session? You will find it in:

Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log

10. hallo1126

hallo1126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure which it is but I think it is the latest one, or the second to latest one. I believe the 01_14 one is the one where the all-time record was set.

Attached Files:

11. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Think I found the relevant parts in the logs. Handed over to the backend team.

12. hallo1126

hallo1126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any progress? I see my time was still not fixed yet

13. hallo1126

hallo1126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Uninstalled the game and told my friends who were on the verge of trying it to stay clear. Thanks for your support

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Funnily enough, the P1 leaderboards were wiped with the last patch anyway.

15. hallo1126

hallo1126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is funny, though I still stand by my decision because it is about communication for me. Just getting left in the fog is unnacceptable to competent user-relations, so I have no hopes for this game and therefore no reason to invest anymore time into it and will get into one of the two Assetto games instead.

16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Why? Communication could be better, yes, but - you issue is very specific and a lot of players don't need any communication with developers to enjoy the game anyway. Your friends might like it and not run into any issue that would require solving by devs.

Good luck getting feedback from Kunos, I guess...