Bug Leaderboards are still bugged

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ExiaRS, Feb 2, 2015.

1. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello.

Link to original Steam thread:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/35219681673478588/

Introduction history

This was reported back in August. I posted in thread, too. As anybody can see in my profile, I only drive leaderboard challenges and nothing else because I don't care about anything else. That's the reason I stopped playing AC because no official leaderboards and two community apps for it are not good enough for me.

Because of this bug, I stopped playing RRRE until this Friday and not only that, I stopped buying content even I like the most of it. I only bought DTM 2013 in Steam winter sale because it was so cheap (9 tracks for 6 €)!

In Friday I decided to give RRRE another chance. After all, so much new content was released alongside huge improvements and I was very pleased so decided to buy more content, but I didn't because in Saturday afternoon the same old bug started to happen again. One would think that after six months it's fixed, but nope.

It was only fixed in the midnight, probably because you put new challenges and servers were reseted (my guess). It was all right yesterday until evening when the same s..t started again. I posted everything in the Steam thread.

Reproduction of bug

If bug is active, after your new lap is recorded NEVER do the next:
    1) exit
    2) restart or
    3) make invalid lap!

If you do anything above, your lap time won't be recorded in the leaderboard. Only solution is to drive one proper lap, and in my case, one tourist's lap which completely ruin my concentration.

But there is more

If you restart, you'll see your old recorded time, but you'll drive against your ghost car which set new record time. Not one, but two bugs!

More evidences

Then you open Media Hub and see some very weird things. Look at this:
    [​IMG]

This is my officially recorded time in leaderboard. Here is the big problem.
    I actually have much faster time, but because of bug it's not in the leaderboard!
    [​IMG]

Final thoughts

I know game is in the open beta but this bug is now over six months old and it ruins leaderboards challenges pretty much. If you use always online DRM, then make it works as paying customers are always screwed.

Please fix it finally!

2. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Just tried it again, and is still bugged from the last night.

3. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    And leaderboards are magiclly fixed until next time bug activates itself.

At least there is one good news: competitions are always unaffected. You can exit immediately after recorded lap and it will show up max to 1 min.

I think leaderboard server has some serious issues because if lap time code was problematic, it would affect competitions, too. But that's just my wild guess.

4. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Leaderboards not updating.

We continue to improve the Leaderboards updating but looks like there is still a nasty one out there not pushing some of the entries correctly. We will definitely look into it.

5. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for response.

Additional info: when bug is active, it affects every leaderboard and car class. There is no exception.
    I changed cars and tracks and it was always active except if I drive next clean lap.

As I typed, Competitions are not affected and that was relatively quickly fixed in August after it was reported (Steam thread is evidence).

6. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Last night Brands Hatch Competition was completely broken! I have driven between 23.15 and 0.00 (expiration time). 35 min of constant Novice driving to reach top 10 and not a single time was recorded! Really?!

7. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Could you send us a copy of your MWTransport.log file?
    This should be located in the following folder: \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log

This file should contain a log of the communication between the game and the servers. It'd be interesting to see if there are any irregularities in there.

You should be able to send us files in private messages.

8. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That folder is empty but there is another folder RaceRoom Racing Experience Install 2 where I found MWTransport.log.

Good news: leaderboards and competitions works now and the last night except broken Brands Hatch Competition.

Bad news: How to send private message? When I click on your profile there is no option for it :(.

9. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    If you click on my name in the post above, or this one, you should see a pop up with some info.
    Next to the profile page link there should be an option called "Start a conversation". Just click that and you'll be able to send a message.

10. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sent.

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Don't want to create new thread for my minor suggestion.
    In leaderboard, there is a track column. While hovering over circuit icon, layout name appears (for example Indy, in case of Brands).
    I know we all know all racing tracks and can identify it by icons. However I still suggest to put these names into popup. So it will result as: Brands Hatch - Indy as for example.

with regards

• Like Like x 1
  12. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately...
    BUG IS ALIVE!

It's the same story/bug all over again.

I drive new lap record and next one is invalid. No update at all.

Competitions are unaffected as always, but Leaderboards are broken and in the worst possible time (Sunday evening).

13. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Boris Dj you are on position 56.

I takes some minutes sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  16. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    AUGUST 2014 - JANUARY 2016

ONE AND HALF YEAR!!!

This bug is stil here. Unbelievable! What is the point of leaderboards if time is not recorder?

Competitions are fine as always.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    No issues for me

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Gladys Maria

Gladys Maria Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This sometimes happens with me its just slow at updating sometimes,what i do is leave the track completely go back to title screen then go back into the track it puts the correct time up then.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    COMPLETELY BROKEN!

Just tried and it's even worse. Set up new faster time. Leaderboard not updated. Set up again new time even faster, leaderboard updated to two laps old record. Drive another lap slower, leaderboard not updated even inside game I see new record. And in replays still old record from yesterday which ofc now I can't reach again....

18 MONTHS! How is possible that challanges are always problem free and they almost instantly get saved in datebase and yet leaderboards are always bugged?

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you put your pc specs in your signature and also give me a rough location of were you are and which internet provider

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1